Born of a need for better, Nau designs versatile, sustainable apparel to go everywhere you do. This philosophy is evident in the design of their business model to the design of their apparel. For over a decade, Nau has pioneered sustainable fabrications, retail concepts, giving programs and philanthropic partnerships. It's this relentless search for “better” that has produced the best in versatile apparel design and inspired their industry. Combining technical fabrics with modern designs and tailored finishing, Nau apparel does more so you need less.
Nau was founded in 2007 by a group of outdoor industry leaders on the principle that business can be a force for good. A winner of Outside’s “Best Places to Work”, Nau remains a group of industry innovators and experts who believe sustainability is always a work in progress, not a destination, and continue to drive innovation and design for a better life, which translates from their work to the everyday office experience and work/life balance.
In 2013 Nau was purchased by BlackYak, a Korean brand with over 40 years of experience
creating premium technical mountaineering apparel and gear. As the market leader in South Korea, the second-largest outdoor market in the world, BlackYak celebrated its global market launch in 2016 with a strong focus on global style and body fit.
Based in Portland, OR and reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Western Territory Manager will grow the Nau and BlackYak wholesale business within the assigned western US territory. This role will be responsible for generating revenue growth and achieving revenue and margin targets. They will be a valuable contributor to the wholesale sales and key accounts strategy, leading implementation and driving execution to achieve brand objectives. The ideal candidate possesses strong sales and, key account management skills in both the Outdoor and Lifestyle sales channels and thrives in dynamic, small-team environments. They will be a highly collaborative, sales-driven, team player who is inspired by Nau’s culture, philosophy and commitment to making a difference.
- Execute territory distribution plan to develop new business for Nau & BlackYak brands
- Execute Go-To-Market and Key Account strategies and sales plans
- Travel to trade shows, regional shows and key line showings to ensure clear brand message and identify sales opportunities by account
- Work closely with product and merchandising teams to leverage feedback from buyers and retailers to identify growth opportunities for key items and categories
- Implement sales reporting to benchmark performance and opportunities for improvement
- Strategically manage territory Key Accounts for both Nau & BlackYak brands
- Actively engage with retail buyers to promote and sell Nau & BlackYak products
- Collaborate with Ecommerce and Marketing teams to implement seasonal Retail marketing plans
- Actively manage accounts to maximize sell-thru performance & re-order performance
- Expertly present Nau products at key account meetings, trade shows, and dealer meetings
- Manage operating expenses to achieve financial revenue and profitability goals
- Manage and report monthly expenses related to travel, regional shows, car mileage, etc.
- 3-5 years sales and/or key account management experience in Outdoor and/or Lifestyle apparel sales channels
- Experience in apparel sales; an expert in presenting, merchandising and assortment-building
- Proven track record of developing and growing wholesale sales and key account sales.
- Highly energetic and motivated to succeed, with the ability to thrive in a high-growth environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with outstanding relationship management skills
- High level of commercial acumen, time-management, and problem-solving ability
- Proven track record of effective qualitative and quantitative judgement and decision making, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in project and multi-task management, excelling at identifying opportunities for improvement and taking initiative
- Flexible schedule and available for extensive travel
Inside these walls you’ll find a small, dedicated group of idealists, doers, experts and seekers from the outdoor, apparel and design industries, who share a common purpose—championing a way of doing business that can redefine what business means. Nau employees see every day as a new opportunity to innovate, step up and go big (while staying small-ish). As progressive as the clothes they create, employees enjoy an open, familial work environment and donate 2% of all sales to Partners for Change – organizations creating lasting positive change for the environment, the global economy, urban centers and people in need.
The company’s strength come from its small but mighty flexibility. Egos have little room to grow at Nau because everyone prioritizes organizational objectives over disparate career agendas. Unlike other places, there is an inextricable link between the efforts of the employees and the overall success of the company.
Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii
VP of Sales & Marketing, National Sales Manager, Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Customer Relations Manager, Dealer Services
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Contact us for more details.