Under the general leadership of the President of the Accessories Division, the VP of Sales (Shooting Accessories) will be managing all sales, strategies, promotions, and customer relationships. This position will also lead and develop a sales team, which includes several strategic independent rep groups in assigned territories. The successful candidate will have the drive and vision to set and achieve specific goals (territory, customer, product, etc.), strong interpersonal skills, and team building capabilities. This position is considered a member of the Accessories executive team and “fit” will be incredibly important among an emerging entrepreneurial and collaborative culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish long term sales and gross margin goals and drive accountability for short-term progress, taking necessary action as needed to ensure sales targets are achieved
· Develop, manage, and execute annual/quarterly sales plans and forecasts in support of organizational strategy and objectives
· Actively participant in new product idea generation, and collaborate with product and marketing teams to create a seamless go-to-market strategy for both new and inline product categories
· Research market trends and suggest changes to sales strategies, when necessary
· Build, grow, and maintain domestic and international customer relationships
· Play a hands-on role with the field sales organization, maintain a personal presence and high visibility in the field, and directly participate in customer sales meetings at key accounts. Apply the highest-leverage activities to identify, negotiate contracts, and close major deals with support from corporate counsel and other key executive staff
· Direct the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
· Provide customer-focused field input and analysis to internal departments to assist in the development of market-driven business strategies and programs
· Ensure communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives, and meet organizational expenditure requirements
· Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research, changes in demand and competitor analysis
· Work with other key executives on multiple channel selling strategies (brick-and-mortar, ecommerce, etc.)
· Build, develop, and manage sales team and independent rep groups capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
· Collaborate with various functional units within the organization to ensure the achievement of the company’s objectives and service the needs of its customers
· Participate in the development of sales systems and processes to properly evaluate customer and product performance
· Other duties as assigned
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
· 10+ years of sales management experience or equivalent
· Industry experience and knowledge preferred
· Sales and service systems development and deployment experience
· Team development and management experience
· High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
Competencies and Skills:
· Excellent command of the English language in both verbal and written skills
· A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
· Strategic thinker, with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-5 year time span
· The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
· Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning
· Strong customer orientation
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
· Commitment to company values
· Willingness to travel frequently (40%)
· Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
· Works in an office environment
· Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
· Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
· General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
· Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.
· The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.