Reporting to the President, the VP of Sales will develop, lead, and drive our US Mountain Hardwear sales for apparel, equipment and accessory categories. You must be a passionate product advocate who loves the outdoors and is an exceptional leader who is known for building amazing sales teams, attracting top talent, and selling in his or her sleep. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the VP of Sales will partner with Marketing, Operations, Finance, Retail and Product Development to create and drive Mountain Hardwear’s strategic sales plans and projections. The VP of Sales will be responsible for managing all US sales for multiple channels to achieve monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-range sales plans.
· Collaborates with the President of MHW and Regional Sales Managers to select and engage independent sales agencies to represent Mountain Hardwear.
· Communicates the sales strategy, establishes sales goals, and directs the sales team by providing sales tools, resources, and training through regular communication, sales meetings, and trade shows.
· Evaluates agency performance and makes recommendations to continue or terminate agency contracts.
· Defines and monitors geographic regions and ratios of salespeople per region to maximize sales of Mountain Hardwear products.
· Manages internal sales support activities and Regional Sales Managers, including trade show participation, sales meetings, and market research by product line.
· Maintains current market knowledge via sales representatives and direct meetings with clients/customers, and independent research.
· Maintains and builds account relationships with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring account needs and addressing issues. Represents the Company in meetings/negotiations with high-level customers, direct and military accounts.
· Monitors sales growth and provides regular reports on sales goals by region/territory to the President of Mountain Hardwear. Works with Mountain Hardwear Planning and Operations to provide necessary data needed to determine volume of product to be manufactured.
· Works with the President of Mountain Hardwear and executive team on strategic planning for long term organizational sales and profitability growth.
· Collaborates with Merchandising and Marketing on sales strategy and brand initiatives and provides feedback on success.
· Collaborates with Columbia Sportswear management as necessary to achieve corporate goals for sales, shared retailers, and brand positioning.
· Contributes quarterly to company investor relations, board of director, and financial reports.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or Marketing or equivalent work experience.
· 10+ years direct sales experience in the apparel or equipment industry.
· Previous experience in a management capacity and leading a sales team are required.
· Minimum of 10 years of sales experience in Sporting Goods or Outdoor industry.
· 10+ years of sales management experience with proven success and results.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in effectively presenting to large groups.
· Strong existing relationships with specialty and national retailers in the Outdoor, Sporting goods, Ski & Run industries desirable.
· Thorough knowledge of marketing, sales theory, strategy, sales prospecting, territory planning, forecasting, use of sales tools, and closing techniques.
· Possesses thorough knowledge of product lines/services and sportswear/outerwear/footwear industry. Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to organize work and motivate employees.
· Ability to analyze market conditions and respond with appropriate strategies and direction.
· Handles and works with proprietary, private and confidential information.
· Full supervisory responsibility for Regional Sales Managers, in-house sales specialists and provides guidance and direction for sales agencies.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age