Position: Sales Representative Utah and Wyoming - Long standing brands with solid presence already existing
Location: Salt Lake City or front range Colorado
Compensation: Fair- base plus commission. Travel covered but not mileage or auto expenses. Meals are per diem for over night travel only.
Start date: None. Looking for best fit.
Sales Representative will manage specialty business opportunities in current and new accounts. Must discover new opportunities inside existing accounts and open new accounts. There is a strong focus on growth.
Individual will need to rapidly develop understanding of the customers’ business and how company’s brands can best succeed at that location. Position requires an internal drive to increase sales, educate both consumers and retailers about the products we represent and how to sell them.
Mandatory to exhibit the ability to manage their time based on task completion and tracking what needs to be done; the rep will be on-time, conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, organization is critical.
Communication via email, text and phone in a professional manner is required.
Travel away from home is extensive, especially during selling and customer education periods, it will average about 2 weeks a month, but it is not consistent each month.
· Account support requires administrative duties – enter orders, completing excel docs, on-time follow through and follow up –accurate reporting of the status of the account for each brand and other brands at the customer.
· Manage travel calendar – store education/stocking/inventory, set-up attend and tear down of regional trade shows, attend national trade shows. Sales meeting attendance for our brands when requested
· Ability to store, manage, transport and ascertain need level for samples on hand at any time
· Create, manipulate and digest sales reports, programs, promotions, initiatives and be able to explain how they help customers while understanding their impact on the company.
· Sales rep must be able to function with current technology requirements- MS Office Suite, iOS, CRMs, Cloud services, shared calendars etc. Can you manage a pivot table?
This is not a comprehensive list.
· Communication (verbal, written and electronic), emotional intelligence, drive, initiative and collaboration all will be required.
· Gregarious, outgoing personality who connects with others easily, a touch of showmanship is helpful
· Outdoors and outdoor product experience at a high level are a must. Knowledge of hard-goods, apparel and accessories – competitive landscape, function, the history, material performance attributes, price ladders
· Merchandising – how to display products to attract a buyer
· Solid retail math understanding
· Excellent internet skills
· Must be ale to lift 50lbs, multiple times in a short period and work in a physical environment, stand on feet for over 10hrs a day while maintaining a positive attitude. This is done for a week at a time about 4 times a year, mandatory.
EXPERIENTIAL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· College degree – field does not matter
· 3+ years of experience in the outdoor sporting goods business, examples include but not limited to:
- retail sales floor experience
- buying experience
- customer service, sales department – preferred at a manufacturer
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Clean driving record, reliable auto, experience organizing travel arrangements, spend multiple nights away from home on short notice, ability to drive a 24' moving truck across Wyoming 2 times a year.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY & NOTEWORTHY:
To excel in this job you must love to get up and grind it out everyday - work the phone, respond to email, complete forecasts, talk with, bond and educate retail staff, avoid hitting large animals on the road while driving at night, constantly push to learn more about your customers, their business, what works, what doesn’t, learn all the unique micro-markets in your region, cold call walking into random stores to learn what you can sell them, white knuckle drives through snow/rain/sleet to get to next account and not go off the road. Must love people - being around them, interacting with them, sharing stories etc. not for someone quiet or reserved. You will never make the amount of money you can in other industries or what you truly deserve, learning or naturally being a penny pincher, operating without direction or compliments is common, getting things done is a must and will be relentlessly pursued.
It can be a chaotic, fast paced, demanding environment that will push you to be your best.
The ideal candidate will understand the sentiment, “I used to ski(ride, climb, fish whatever) 30+ days a year, but I am still trying to get out this year.” And you get to work with some of the best people on the planet, in truly awe inspiring locations, in an industry that truly loves the outdoors and what we make, sell and use. We have a small, tight knit team and we may need one more if we find the right person.