Since 1877, Helly Hansen has continued to develop professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. By working with outdoor professionals, they have developed many first-to-market innovations including the first supple waterproof fabrics in 1877, the first fleece in 1960 and many more since. To help tell the stories of the brand, both past and present, Helly Hansen is looking for an exceptional Marketing Specialist in the US.
We provide a friendly, fast-paced environment, competitive pay, a generous product discount, and a full benefits package, including 100% paid coverage for employees and generous paid time off. For more about Helly Hansen and our products, please see: www.hellyhansen.com
Marketing Mission: Build awareness, engagement and strength of the Helly Hansen brand in the US with target consumers and provide support to the sales and marketing teams by positively impacting the sell-in and sell-through of Helly Hansen products.
Driving top notch programs through creative thinking that both maximize our marketing investment and impact in their respective channels.
- Thinking outside the box to create industry leading programs in branded and seasonal POS initiatives.
- Create rich social media initiatives with our partners to drive interaction and affinity for the Helly Hansen brand.
- Create strong content to uplift and reinforce the Helly Hansen brand on its social media channels.
- Work with Helly Hansen Sales Reps to develop best-in-class sell in format, both at regional shows and showrooms.
Responsible for the key marketing initiatives driving specialty sell- through.
- Drive seasonal POS programs, with ownership of how the Helly Hansen brand appears on the shop floor of our specialty retail partners.
- Develop large window graphics or wraps for top specialty locations each season.
- Plan, grow, and full program ownership of the Helly Hansen Viking influencer program - communicating with key shop staff to push them as Helly experts and drive on floor sell through.
- Coordinate retailer staff training programs and initiatives.
- Develop one sheets and sales tools based on sales rep needs.
- Coordinate local print of buyer’s guides including customization of pricing additions, proofing and tabs.
- Utilize seasonal brand messaging within plans and channels, bringing the message to the forefront in the US market.
- Social Media: support central & regional social media objectives and initiatives via local activity. Operate the day to day posts and interaction from the US region.
- Interface with sports marketing ambassadors on a day to day basis to drive digital content.
- Organize, maintain and plan the marketing sample line for sports marketing use.
- Plan and run key retailer sales initiatives and contests to drive sell through.
- Assist with National Trade Show & US sales launch prep and execution.
- Maintaining the Helly Hansen brand image throughout the online sector. Suggesting improvements, adjustments and actions taken on our digital appearance.
- Supporting local marketing events within the Pacific Northwest.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Social Media Engagement with US posts.
- Sell through at specialty locations.
- Engagement and Increased YOY Sales of locations apart of Viking Program
- Rep satisfaction with seasonal POS and Swag program
- Use and growth of seasonal training tool.
- Amount purchased through employee pro store by retail employees who have trained.
- Has a passion for the outdoors, skiing and/or sailing.
- 1 - 2 years combined marketing experience.
- A BA/BS Degree (preferably with a Marketing focus).
- Ability to travel throughout the US approximately 20% of the time. The rest of the time would consist of working in Seattle, WA 3-4 days per week, and in Sumner, WA 1-2 days per week.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Operational knowledge of marketing tools and tactics and the skills to align resources to achieve objectives.
- Willing to multitask, work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be organized, able to think creatively, able to clearly communicate with peers, coworkers and senior management and like to solve problems.
- Sales experience / Sales Oriented POV.
- Self-starter, taking initiative to drive projects independently.
- Ability to work with multiple departments from sales and product to customer operations.
- High performance track record.
- Experience in the Outdoor Industry is a plus.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products and the ability to use basic features of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Bonus: Skilled with a camera and excel at content creation.
Disclaimer: The job description is part of every Helly Hansen employee’s contract. However, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Helly Hansen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.