Responsible for: Owning the category of Fishing Technical Apparel, leading an experienced team of Sales Reps within this Wholesale Channels.
Location: Field based, regular attendance NA Sales and Product planning calls and occasional on-site HQ visits Buford, GA or UK
Travel: Frequent US travel
Trusted on the water for more than 40 years Gill did not start as a brand or a business. It started as a solution to find better more capable technical sailing clothing using the best fabrics possible. Combined with innovative designs to increase performance and tested on elite athletes in the most challenging of conditions. Gill has grown into an established quality technical apparel brand, meeting consumer needs both on and off the water. Distributed around the world to 37 countries and more recently through a global Ecommerce platform, Gill enjoys the position of a leading brand within its core sector, and has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service.
As the Fishing Category Apparel Sales Manager, you will be a senior member of the Gill NA sales team, responsible for managing Gill’s development into the fishing and outdoor space. The geographic area is widespread, the account base a very broad mix of independent and big box retailers to the likes Cabela’s, Bass Pro, Scheel’s, Gander Outdoor and Dicks Sporting Goods. This role involves building extremely strong commercial relationships with our sales reps and their customer base as well as key stakeholders within the Gill business.
Responsibilities include (but not exclusively):
· Developing the brands US fishing business strategy and creating opportunities for sales growth.
· Develop individual plans with the sales team that will develop distribution, improve brand presence ensure solid sell-through results.
· Work with the product team to collate product analysis and key retailer sales analysis data.
· Establish seasonal product forecasts for fishing to support stock management and buying programs.
· Work with the Product team to lead the category direction, feeding back on all market activity and developing key seasonal ranges that will deliver the budget.
· Responsible for Go to market strategy, distribution and DSQ removal.
· Gain and analyse sell-through data to support range build and selections.
· Work with our Trade Marketing Manager to improve brand presence in-store and online by way of visual merchandising, POS materials and digital assets including timelines for production.
· Support co-ordination of an annual marketing plan to include, sponsorship program and attendance at key events to drive brand visibility.
· Work with the sales team and Key retailers to create annual plans to include innovative promotions and timely execution of agreed programs.
· Maintain regular communications with all reps and support co-ordination of regular key retailer review meetings with key departments and stake holders within the organisation.
· Quality monthly reporting to be utilised at board level.
· Develop continued in-depth knowledge of the US fishing retail market and report on competitor activity effectively.
· Being a strong ambassador for the Gill brand
· Input in to product development process to identify new opportunities
· Delivering on agreed set targets
Have the ability to manage the companies interests in an Omni-channel environment and supporting the brands overall growth.
Attributes - Essential:
· Proven track record in a Senior sales role with experience of managing sales reps and Key retailers in the fishing and outdoor goods sector.
· Highly professional approach with a strong ability to communicate at all levels
· Highly proficient in delivering effective presentations, utilising technology, PowerPoint etc.
· Strong negotiator
· Highly competent IT skills with particular reference to monthly reporting and planning.
· Proficiency in analysing and using financial and historic data to support business decisions
· Proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Integrity and professionalism
· Highly organised
· Flexible approach to work
· Personable and articulate
· Target driven and results motivated
· With sport fishing, outdoor apparel or lifestyle apparel brands
· Knowledge of the sport of Fishing a must and wider water sports markets.
· Minimum 40 hours a week
· A mix of office and off-site work with travel required
· Work additional hours as and when required to include some evenings and weekends
· Proactively contribute inter-departmental working, challenging working methods for continuous improvement
· Training on software and other techniques will be provided as required
· Take personal responsibility and accountability.
· Behave with integrity and professionalism at all times
· Develop key account business to defined targets
· Regular, quality monthly reporting
· Working to fixed deadlines
· Business objectives
· Ultimately developing stronger presence for the brand in the key account sector and grow the Gill business in the fishing segment