Reporting to the Director of Digital Creative, the UX Art Director contributes to the success of The North Face’s business by creating best-in-class mobile-first digital experiences that are based in user-centric design principles. The ideal candidate should have experience creating successful revenue-driving marketing experiences, storytelling and brand experiences, as well as digital interfaces and interactions.
A problem solver at heart. You strive to help users successfully complete tasks with little to no friction or confusion. You see the work through the lens of the brand and the needs as well as the user and are comfortable taking charge to drive the completion of a project through all steps including experience maps, stakeholder interviews, user testing, wireframes, art direction & design. You are comfortable presenting your work to multiple cross-divisional partners and divisional leaders.
- Creative Problem Solving
- Clear Communicator
- Time Management
- Process Management
- Highly organized
- Detail Oriented
- Elevated taste level
- Understanding of The North Face customer
- Up to date on best practices
- Develop design wireframes, mockups, and specifications
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Evaluate UX success or failure objectively
- Gather and evaluate user requirements with stakeholders, managers, and developers.
- Help to create a global design system and reference library
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows and prototypes
- creatively solve UX problems
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Knowledge of industry trends
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Responsive to UX issues and tracking them effectively
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Design: sketching, concept creation, wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes
- Expert in responsive web environments.
- Usability testing and delivering artifacts for testing.
- Design Specification - Delivers appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high quality development on time with development and product teams
- Data interpretation - document data from analytics sources in a consumable way
- Implementing best practices and design consistency
- Researching and sharing industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences.
- Driving and documenting design standards and patterns
- Proficient in key software packages such as Axure and Photoshop.
- Sound knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
- Plans own work executing against deadlines.
- Working in a team - Collaborating with visual designers, developers, brand marketing, and content managers to define and execute final product
- 5+ years’ experience in digital design, ecommerce, or related field. In-house experience a plus.
- Strong design portfolio of published/deployed work.
- UX design experience in both product and marketing/brand experiences
- Proficient in design software (illustrator, photoshop, sketch, InVision)
- Problem solver
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Fireworks, InVision