The primary responsibilities of the Director, Sports Marketing are to direct The North Face (TNF) sports marketing strategy, athlete program and athletic experiences to build The North Face brand leadership, awareness, equity, traffic and conversion. This role demands strong strategic vision, excellent execution, team management and a high level of collaboration with other business units.
- Responsible for creation, development, and execution of a global TNF 5-year sports marketing strategic plan. Creates, executes, and manages key sport marketing initiatives according to overall corporate strategy, including the athlete program, event portfolio, and programming relationship. Establishes KPI’s and adjusts tactics as needed to realize the highest ROI.
- Creates a vision and strategy for The North Face Athlete team. Recruits and shapes the team of the future and creates a strategy for making our athletes famous. Works closely with the Athletes and Expeditions Manager to actively promote both the Athlete Team and Expeditions.
- Develops, manages, and executes sponsor relationships and programs to utilize to fullest potential based on corporate objectives. Initiates appropriate partner programs to fulfill and meet corporate objectives. Utilizes partnerships to increase brand awareness, industry and consumer presence and perception through unique partnership programs.
- Negotiates and develops all sponsorships contracts and programs. Ensures all contractual obligations are met for both parties and are maintained at the highest standard of quality, excellence and fair business practices. Ensures marketing team and company, including international, is aware and informed of partner programs, incentives and partner marketing plans.
- Oversees events, creating long-term platforms for brand growth. Ensures effective on-site event presence / booth presentation based on corporate objectives. Attends Sales Meetings, Trade Shows and other corporate events as necessary. Negotiates contracts with event procedures, sponsors, and media partners.
- Creates a global strategy and collaborates with global sports marketing counterparts and aid in the creation of aligned sports marketing strategies, based on consumer insights.
- Collaborates with fellow marketing directors to create and execute integrated marketing programs.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and application to programs.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
- Writing and editing skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential.
- Excellent diplomacy and contract negotiation skills necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of the outdoor industry and competitive landscape required.
- Experience and knowledge of outdoor disciplines, including but not limited to expedition climbing, skiing and endurance sports required.
- Some travel will be required