One of the finest mountain shops in the country, Neptune
Mountaineering based in Boulder, CO, has an excellent opportunity available for
a Store Manager. For over 45 years, Neptune Mountaineering has been a trusted
supplier of exceptional outdoor gear matched up with best advice for all levels
of climbers, skiers and adventurers. Our staff is not only knowledgeable but
also as passionate about the outdoors as our customers are.
The Store Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of
Neptune’s retail operations including sales, store operations, inventory and
all duties associated with apparel, footwear, gear sales, café and shop. This
position will manage part-time and full-time staff ensuring we are delivering
the highest level of customer service which includes training, motivating and
mentoring while also being a profitable and enduring business.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and maintaining store
- Lead by example and model behavior and maintain highest level of
customer service our customers expect
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, and providing feedback to
sales staff, including creating store sales contest and incentives to drive
- Maintain payroll costs effectively and make day to day staffing
adjustments as needed
- Create and manage scheduling for all retail, cafe and shop staff (including
additional staff for holidays, sales and store events)
- Conduct all store employee meetings when needed
- Manage and coordinate annual physical inventory and regular cycle
- Strategize with Director of Retail Operations regarding in store
promotions, seasonal changes, merchandising, and store re-sets
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has the
following attributes & qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years
work experience in Outdoor Retail Management
- Proficient with
Microsoft Office applicants and experience in Retail Pro or similar
POS/Inventory Management System is essential
- Ability to lead
effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Motivated self-starter
with ability to delegate and multi-task
·Extraordinary sales and
customer service skills and the ability to coach others in these skills.
- Solid organizational
skills and time management skills.
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work a
flexible schedule, including some evenings, holidays and/or weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience
and is competitive. Benefits include a generous health benefits package, 401K
If you are interested in this position
please submit your resume, cover letter and pay requirements to [email protected]
Also included why you want to be a part of
the Neptune Team.