PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Sr. Product Designer will create innovative and trend forward new designs for LaCrosse Footwear Inc. This position will be focused on creating designs for the Danner brand for its lifestyle product lines, but will be assigned design responsibility for other product lines as directed. This position will work within the product development team to build new footwear lines from concept to reality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Communicate creative strategies, product concepts and consumer insight through original 2D visual media.
- Create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings of materializations in Photoshop and Illustrator, detailing concept, materials, and development specifications based on Danner/LaCrosse brand design guidelines.
- Knowledge of color trends, textures trends, human factors and forms and lifestyle trends related to product design.
- Prepare, present, influence and enable business teams to act on design projects.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure design objectives are reflected in the creation and execution of the product.
- Ensure thru design considerations that product meets performance criteria, merchandising targets, price targets and aesthetic finish that align with product development timelines to enable team to bring product to market on schedule.
- Create and manage timely execution of tech/design packages ensuring all level of detail is accurate.
- Work with product team and suppliers to identify and select innovative materials and develop the new components necessary to complete designated projects.
- Work with the design leadership to implement brand vision, design language and product direction.
- Manage, and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
- Travel with the team to factories, sales meetings, select trade shows, and significant retail regions/districts.
- 8+ years of footwear design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, industrial design or related degree.
- Mastery of MSFT Applications, MAC OS, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD, etc.
- Expert ability to create technical footwear drawings, and demonstrate knowledge of current trends and the ability to interpret trends.
- Working knowledge of fit, function and aesthetic needs of intended category and market.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, and other related engineering concepts. Includes construction techniques, outsole construction, last making, materials, color, etc.
- Complete knowledge of interdependency between design and development, and the ability to drive collaboration between the groups.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills and problem solving abilities. Ability to present concepts to product teams.
- Strong story-telling skills with the ability to create compelling design stories and themes.
- Strong knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and delegate work.
- Experience designing in the Lifestyle space, preferred.
- Must be dependable and team oriented.
- Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
- Travel both domestic and international in order to support the department and the corporation.
- Office or factory setting.
- This position reports directly to the Director of Product Development.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply here: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LACROSSE&cws=1&rid=576
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.