POSITION // Senior Designer (Technical Packs/Bags)
LOCATION // Hood River, OR
This is a full-time, in-house position. Responsible for leading, creating, and executing Dakine’s global product design vison for technical product.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]
• Sets overall design and innovation direction in the creation of technical packs/bags, key product design trends, consumer/athlete insights, and implementation of Dakine design aesthetic across technical packs/bags and contributor on all technical product.
• Responsible for entire product design process including market research, consumer research, trends/trend board creation, and product design.
• Responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts, innovation trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Product Management, Graphic Design, Merchandising, Operations, and direct materials suppliers.
• Recommend design enhancements, construction and material options geared at elevating our brand and hitting financial requirements. Resolves with counterparts any design that does not meet design, development, merchandising, production or financial needs.
• Works closely with the broader design team on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
• Works cross functionality with development, product management, and brand leads to deliver compelling product stories to fuel the brand.
• BFA, BA, or BS with emphasis on design; Industrial design preferred
• 8+ years of product design and leading product design functions
• Possess strong people skills, engaging with different levels of management across the business
• Strong knowledge of design, product, and consumer trends in the action sports/outdoor industry
• High standard of oral and written communication skills
• Knowledgeable in Adobe suite
• Ability to travel overseas 2-4 times year
• High degree of energy and self- motivation
• Well organized, with the ability to prioritize workloads, often to tight deadlines and manage multiple proprieties
• Valid US work permit