Quality Bicycle Products is in the business of bikes! From creating a portfolio of our own award-winning brands to distributing the top names and best products in the industry, we’re doing our part to further bike-kind. With distribution centers in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Colorado, and Taiwan, QBP serves a network of more than 5,000 independent retailers and 450+ suppliers world-wide. We strive to be an extraordinary business to partner with and to work for, and have made good on that goal for over 35 years. As a values-driven company, making the world a better place has always been at the heart of everything QBP does. We believe that our actions as individuals and as a company can make a difference, so we work every day to improve the sustainability and health of our industry and our communities.
We understand that it is our employees that make us successful and we do our best to make QBP a fun and rewarding workplace. Our community is passionate about pushing creative boundaries, sparking innovation in the industry, living healthy lifestyles, and having fun. We have a casual environment that welcomes employees from all backgrounds and allows individuals to be themselves. QBP provides a lot of great perks for employees, including product discounts, commuting incentives, fitness and wellness programs, flexible schedules, weekly massages, and the ability to bring your dog to work.
Salsa is looking for a strategic planner and developer of sales vision, a passionate driver of communication and education, and chief evangelist for dealers and sales representatives alike. This individual must have a passion for the outdoors, cycling and sales. We seek a unique and authentic personality that can be the voice of the Salsa brand to our retailers, distributors, and sales team.
- Be the face of Salsa to our retail partners and international distribution partners. This position must closely align with the public facing ethos and image of the brand.
- Create, communicate, and execute the annual sales plan for Salsa in coordination with the Salsa Brand Manager and QBP Sales Leadership.
- Develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders including the QBP Sales Team, Salsa Retailers, and Salsa International Distribution partners.
- Full ownership of sales results for Salsa Cycles.
- Strategize and Execute the brand sales plan as a part of the QBP Sales Team
- Develop a trusted relationship with QBP’s Sales Team by providing exceptional sales training that delivers the what, when, and why of the brand and product line through exceptional written and verbal communication
- Lead the production of key sales collateral by collaborating with product management, marketing, sales, and brand leadership.
- Develop closely held relationships with key partners across the US and Canada through regular retailer visits in coordination with the QBP Sales Team.
- Develop and grow distributor relationships in key markets across the world in collaboration with the International Business Development Manager.
- Be the market expert for Salsa by understanding current market conditions and results in order to inform future opportunities by region, territory, and product line.
- Utilize market data to drive decision making in coordination with market intel and feedback.
- Create and Deliver sales analysis by market and product line to individual sales teams on a quarterly basis
- Actively participate in product line planning through inventory forecasting, sales projections, and product lifecycle planning
- Deliver advice and guidance to the product team as it relates to market feedback on specifications and pricing.
- Track and report product, dealer, trends and market intel to brand, marketing and product manager
- Develop reporting to support analysis of sales objectives and identify opportunities.
- Leadership of Brand Sales Operations employees
- This position reports directly to the Director of Brand Sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of bicycle industry experience with a proven ability to record and communicate up and coming trends that will impact future product decisions
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Expert Presentation skills that can be utilized to motivate and inspire a Sales Team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- International Travel – ability to serve as face of the brand in International settings
- Brand Experience – ability to create compelling brand experiences
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships – aptitude at building long term trusted relationships
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well