Salsa Cycles operates on the idea that a sense of adventure makes life better. We see the bike as a path to new places, people, and experiences. We lean on our rich and storied past to propel us forward with new, defining products. Our customers don’t know the meaning of complacency and neither do we. When it comes to gravel, bikepacking, bike touring, fat biking, and mountain biking, we’re comfortable at the front of the pack — leading the industry forward and pushing past any limiting belief of what’s possible.
Our innovative products are manufactured in several different countries and are distributed worldwide. With teams in both the United States and in Taiwan, Salsa Cycles distributes products in several key world markets. In the United States and Canada our parts and accessories are distributed through our parent company Quality Bicycle Products (QBP).
From creating a portfolio of award-winning brands, to distributing the top names in cycling products, QBP is doing its part to further bike-kind. We understand that it is our employees that make us successful and we do our best to make QBP and our family of brands a fun and rewarding place to work. Our employees are passionate about pushing creative boundaries, sparking innovation in the industry, getting involved in our communities, and living healthy lifestyles. We have a casual environment that provides employees with perks like product discounts, commuting incentives, wellness programs, flexible schedules, weekly massages, and the ability to bring your dog to work.
The Salsa Cycles Brand Business Manager is a key brand leader responsible for upholding the Salsa Cycles vision, annual business results and long term, sustainable business strategy. As a key leader in the organization, the Salsa Cycles Brand Business Manager is comfortable leading a large team of talented and passionate individuals and departments towards a common vision. This role is responsible for the overall business results, strategy, and P&L for Salsa Cycles.
You’re a thought leader and collaborator in all areas of the business including brand positioning, sales, marketing, product development and supply chain. You are quick to take on responsibilities eager to lead a team with your unique vision and direction.
The Salsa Brand Business Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Q-Bike division and is part of the QBP Consumer Brand Directors and Management team.
What you will do:
- Salsa Cycles Vision - Ensure the overall health of Salsa Cycles as a unique and differentiated bicycle brand. The keeper, protector and cultivator of Adventure by Bike.
- Business Results – Owner of the Salsa Cycles P&L. Develop annual business plans in alignment with brand and company goals. Develop and deliver annual strategy documents and presentations. Update results and business unit forecasts quarterly.
- Team and Business Alignment – Have a deep understanding of both Salsa Cycles and QBP business objectives. Prioritize and align strategies across the organization. This includes key departments such as sales, marketing, product, purchasing and supply chain.
- Customer and Business Analytics – Collaborate with internal and external partners to understand specialty bicycle retailers and track metrics to evaluate our effectiveness in reaching retailers and consumers. Use research and business analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics, customer segmentation and positioning, product segmentation and sales performance.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong passion and alignment with Salsa Cycles and the Adventure by Bike motto
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5–10 years’ experience in a brand or business leadership role with a proven record of accomplishment as a skilled leader
- Proven experience, understanding and ownership of a P&L statement and department budget(s)
- Strong grasp of business, brand, product, sales, marketing and supply chain
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and group presentations
- Demonstrated leadership to manage, align and empower teams and help them succeed. Ideally on a large team with both indirect and direct reporting structures
- Experience working with both B2B and B2C environments
- High level of personal productivity. Quick to execution that gets results
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Ability to see and articulate a vision and possibilities, and transform the vision to successful results — ability to shift from big picture to detailed view frequently
- Strong business acumen
- Energetic, passionate, flexible, and adaptable
- Strong drive for personal growth and desire to grow with the business
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well