This Sales Representative will drive incremental sales opportunities through our existing and new dealer base with existing and new products and services from both inside the office & showroom and in the field. The position will dedicate 50% of the time to sale representation and the other 50% to a new and entrepreneurial spirited effort we are incubating.
Utilize their skills & continue to build relationships within our sales region to benefit our manufacturers/brands sales of existing & new innovative products. This person will need to be driven to increase sales, promote our initiatives as well as selling and educating both consumers and retailers about the products we represent in the outdoor marketplace. They are a strong team player with good basic math skills, able to take instruction & undergo a lengthy and richening training period; be a self-starter with strong time management, organizational skills and work discipline. The jobholder must exhibit the ability to manage themselves and their time based on task completion to the highest degree; this person writes things down and makes ‘to-do’ lists; is durable & dependable & on-time and is seeking a long-term position with our sales representative agency. There will be about 2 weeks per month of ‘away from home travel’ across the calendar year.
• Provide account assistance & support requiring many administrative duties & thorough follow-thru to grow sales.
• Conduct & manage retail store visits, clinics & events in the territory of CO, WY, NM, NE and UT to expand sales.
• Attend & manage trade shows to sell in products and programs.
• Attend sales meetings to enhance knowledge and sell in skills for programs and products.
• Management of showroom & sales office aimed at achieving incremental sales; includes showroom & sample set as well as leading our new entrepreneurial effort.
• Creating, manipulating & reading documents to include sales reports & sales programs & initiatives/promotions aimed at lifting sales.
• Accessing, retrieving, & populating collateral in computer system, general overall organization and administration of computer systems.
• Providing editing & auditing information for online & web retail marketplace.
• Possess and has significant experience in outdoor products – general sales skills (salesmanship) & merchandising, clinics, presentations, programs & product knowledge.
• Has good ability to communicate, take initiative & problem solve collaboratively in small group settings.
• Has exemplary organizational skills.
• Has good solid basic math skills.
• Possess excellent internet skills (Search/Google, Amazon, Social Media, other web & browser efficiency & knowledge).
• Has good physical ability for lifting & moving (heavy lifting, packing boxes moving samples, visual merchandising, load unload vehicles & packages).
EXPERIENTIAL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related area (additional experience may substitute for degree).
• Requires 3+ years of experience in the outdoor sporting goods business; desired in retail sales & purchasing and retail management.
- Outdoor sporting goods retail sales floor experience **mandatory **
- Outdoor sporting goods retail buying experience **highly recommended **
- Outdoor sporting goods retail sales floor management experience **highy recommended **
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel **mandatory **
• Clean driving record & desire/willingness to travel by car and aircraft (Denver metropolitan area & mountain communities plus annual sales meetings out of state) **mandatory **
ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY & NOTEWORTHY:
A significant time commitment is an absolute minimum for this position; the candidate who accepts the position will need to be in place living the Denver metro area/front range and must be motivated by reaching team goals, incentivized with performance based pay in a team environment. This position requires a multi-tasker who is infinitely organized with a ‘self-starter’ attitude. One who ‘grabs a hold’ of tasks with vigor and a desire to bring tasks to completion with great detail. Ability to manage themselves, and their time is critical.
The candidate who's character, personality & qualities best fit into our firm, and best meets the job skill set/qualifications and who wants the job the most will be hired.
SEND RESUME TO: Ryan Overstake at: [email protected]
VISIT OUR COMPANY WEBSITE AT: www.hialtitude.com