Greenlayer is a manufacturer of athletic and lifestyle apparel, specializing in custom apparel. Greenlayer services some of the largest properties in the endurance sports world and is recognized as a leader in the endurance, run, and multisport channels. The company is based in Portland, Oregon.
The Sales Coordinator/Dealer Service Rep performs a variety of administrative duties to support the Greenlayer sales staff. The sales coordinator must also apply excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, expertise in sales relations, ability to anticipate needs and comprehensive product knowledge to act as a true extension of the sales team.
Experience in the custom apparel industry, whether it be in cycling, triathlon, or printing, is an ideal skill set and background for this role. In addition, candidates who have retail experience in the outdoor, specialty, or endurance channels will be highly considered. Additional assets include: experience in managing art, and driving the customer towards deadlines in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment. Although not required, we enjoy hiring runners and athletes who have a passion and like to participate in sports our product is targeted for.
We are looking for a motivated professional, who is organized with experience in the outdoor or sports industry. Must have the ability to problem solve effectively, communicate clearly with customers and in-house team, and work at a fast pace while maintaining accuracy. The Sales Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of information and follow up for existing and prospective customers.
The Dealer Service Rep/Coordinator’s primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Confirm and accurately input sales orders and invoices into the company database.
- Monitor sales team accounts to make sure they are fully reconciled and payment terms are being met.
- Process sales leads and assure that leads are directed to the appropriate staff member.
- Interact with customers and process orders, answer general customer questions pertaining to order management.
- Manage Print proofs between customers and production team.
- Interact with vendors to discuss production, sample requests, shipping, vendor issues, and any other pertinent issues.
- It is a benefit and advantage if you have contacts or experience in the sports industry, specifically running, triathlon, fitness, ASI, print shops, athletic events, and retail
- Investigate order discrepancies with vendors and other customer satisfaction issues to assist sales team in resolution.
- Respond to calls and emails directed to the sales team, when immediate assistance is required and the sales team is not immediately available. Provide sales and product expertise in these situations, offering a seamless transition to the sales process.
- Provide support and assistance to fellow team members/departments, as needed, in order to meet company/team goals including but not limited to assisting with incoming queue calls.
- Complete any projects assigned by the Sales Manager, including but not limited to weekly and monthly reports, data entry, prospect mailings and any other sales support functions that may arise, as staffing requirements and business evolution dictate.
- Act as a primary customer resource for calls, e-mails, and voicemails when a sales team member is out of the office.
- Process sales data, sales progress reports and other sales-related records and reports.
- Interact with clients and vendors as needed during the order process.
- *Other duties may be assigned or changed to meet business needs.
- High school graduate, 2 or 4 year college graduate preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including telephone skills and computer knowledge with proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing.
- Is highly organized and detail oriented, as demonstrated in previous employment/projects
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Must have strong commitment to company values and the ability to work in a team and sales driven environment
- 2-3 years previous job experience with customer service or sales support experience.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- Experience in the Apparel industry a plus, but not required.
- Can move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects, managing them from start to finish
- Comfortable interacting with customers on a daily basis via phone and email
- Has a proven track-record of delivering projects on-time or ahead of schedule
- Capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team or alone.
- Is a good listener and can act decisively, sometimes with limited information
- Is highly motivated to help take our sales operations to the next level
- Enjoys working with people and has a good sense of humor
The qualified candidate must have self-discipline to work hard to achieve goals and overcome unforeseen obstacles in a competitive market that requires sales skills, timely delivery, high quality, professionalism, and flawless execution to win accounts. If you believe you are such an individual and have proven yourself in a similar capacity in the past, apply to [email protected].