The U.S. National Whitewater Center seeks a dynamic individual to operate a 5,000 square foot retail operation. The staff, products, and overall experience in the store are considered a vital extension of the USNWC brand and represent a unique opportunity to engage with guests. The manager is primarily responsible for maintaining and seeking opportunities for growth in an outdoor retail environment tailored to represent the mission, values, and initiatives of the organization. The Retail Manager position is a full-time, benefits eligible position and reports to the Guest Experience Director.
- Promote an active, outdoor lifestyle by incorporating an array of relevant brands and products in the store
- Embrace a high standard of customer service for guests with needs that extend beyond a typical retail store experience
- Collaborate with Guest Services team to engage guests in a variety of manners including serving as an information hub, facilitating pass sales, and serving as an overall ambassador for the USNWC.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team in order to assure the delivery of a consistent brand experience to the guest
- Develop and maintain a cohesive retail team by selecting, orienting, and training employees to ensure they are appropriately knowledgeable of products
- Develop strategies to effectively immerse guests into outdoor industry trends and products using approaches inside and outside of the store footprint
- Monitor inventory and evaluate finances in order to improve sales and profit performance
- Establish clear movement and flow through the floor space while employing merchandising methods that create an enjoyable shopping experience
- Build upon and maintain strong, positive relationships with both vendors and guests
- Constantly explore the latest industry products, technology, and trends while seeking out and capitalizing on new opportunities
- 5+ years of relevant retail operations experience and market knowledge
- 3+ years retail management experience
- Results-oriented, business-minded, strategic individual
- Possesses a self-motivated passion for the active, outdoor lifestyle
- Extensive retail experience with technical outdoor gear and lifestyle apparel
- Product purchasing experience across a wide variety of product lines
- Thorough understanding and experience with visual merchandising
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams to meet high standards
- Energetic, enthusiastic, effective communicator, and strategic leader
- Actively engaged in the enjoyment of outdoor adventures
- This position requires the ability to frequently lift and move items that weigh more than 50 pounds
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.