From our home in Norway, Helly Hansen has been making professional grade gear to help people stay and feel alive for almost 140 years. It all started in 1877 when sea captain Helly Juell Hansen found a better way to stay protected from the harsh Norwegian elements.
Helly Hansen gear is worn and trusted by professionals on oceans, mountains and worksites. As the #1 apparel brand for Ski Professionals, you’ll find HH at more than 200 ski resort and guiding operations around the world, and worn by more than 55,000 ski professionals. Our sailing gear is worn by world-class sailors across all five oceans, and we’re proud to partner with and participate in some of the sport’s most iconic regattas and sailing associations. As a leading Scandinavian workwear brand, you’ll see us at work-sites where performance, protection and safety matter most. We continue to support Captain Hansen’s legacy through a long list of first-to-market innovations developed through insights from those working and recreating in the world’s harshest environments.
Retail Area Manager:
Helly Hansen is seeking an experienced District Manager for the North America Retail team. This District Manager will lead and manage a selection of our current portfolio of our retail stores and will facilitate the further growth and increased profitability of the retail department. We are looking for PASSIONATE, entrepreneurial, and Performance-driven applicants who like to work hard AND play hard! You must be a highly collaborative individual that can consistently deliver the commercial initiative and vision of the brand. This is a fun, challenging, and dynamic environment where you will get an opportunity to demonstrate your experience alongside an outstanding and supportive team that shares your passion for life and the outdoors!
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) that provides great benefits: 100%-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with a company match, and 15 days of paid time off per year. We provide salaried pay plus bonus opportunity as well as a bevy of other incentives to support your outdoor passion.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Pacific Northwest (Washington or Oregon ideally) area and have the ability to work out of a retail store office, the head office in Sumner, WA, or the home office environment. Approximately 50% travel within the region is required
This position will report to the Regional Retail Manager, North America.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Maintain, establish, and improve store operations including: inventory management, sell-through and replenishment of merchandise, visual merchandising implementations, and overall store management among other operational tasks and initiatives.
• Provide consistent feedback on store financial performance, key performance indicators, and operational standards and offer coaching when necessary in order to drive performance up across all retail doors.
• Enforcing and improving all operational standards, processes, and procedures with zero-tolerance attitude for accepting mediocrity combined with the ability to tactfully improve the business.
• Improving profitability and performance of every store. Create efficiencies within the retail organization in order to further improve profitability.
• Implementing commercial initiatives within each market.
• Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring top talent for store management roles on a regular and on-going basis. Develop and grow the talent pipeline by working closely with Store Managers to identify future leaders of the organization.
• Staff management including regular performance reviews, training, on-boarding, coaching and motivating all store personnel.
• Regular in-store visual merchandising support including campaign execution and general VM improvement.
• Partner and collaborate regularly with others within Helly Hansen to ensure alignment and consistent messaging is executed across North America.
• Forecast, review, and help budget fiscal revenue and P&L with Regional Retail Manager and Store Managers.
• Expert customer service and excellent representation of Helly Hansen toward customers, business partners, and employees.
The successful candidate will have:
• 5+ years of retail store management.
• Intrinsic motivation and the drive to succeed.
• Demonstrated mastery of all retail operational processes and standards.
• Excellent communication skills: Outgoing, personable, articulate, persuasive, and open-minded.
• Proven track record of collaborating with many different parties and stake holders to achieve success in projects while maintaining brand vision.
• A proven ability to recruit, interview, and hire top talent.
• A proven ability to develop and train team members to the best of their ability.
• Inability to accept mediocrity; prefers and insists upon excellence.
• A PASSION for the outdoor that is infectious.
• The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
• A history of thriving in a fast-paced environment while continuing to provide a high-level customer experience to multiple clients (internal and external)
• Computer proficiency (including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
To apply please visit:
For more information on Helly Hansen and our product offerings, visit our website at www.hellyhansen.com.