We are looking for an experienced HR professional who has a knack for recruiting and onboarding to join our Santa Cruz Bicycles family. You will join a small but mighty HR team who is known for working hard for our staff and getting projects done before deadlines. If you have experience as a Recruiter, HR Coordinator or Recruiting Sourcer, this could be your next job.
Why work here: Santa Cruz Bicycles offers a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Our goal is to create the best mountain bikes on the planet and have a good time doing it. Benefits include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinate all screening, interviewing and hiring for entry-level roles
- Work with hiring managers to set up and prep them for in-person interviews
- Assist with onboarding (including New Hire Orientation) to ensure optimal New Hire experience
- Create and maintain electronic personnel files while ensuring consistent document naming
- Manage I-9 binders and keep track of expirations
- Enter and maintain employee information data on the HRIS
- Scan interview notes from the HR team and organize them in the network for reference
- Assemble new hire folders and maintain inventory of all necessary documents
- Create HR-related social media updates for LinkedIn and Glassdoor highlighting employee events and milestones
- Coordinate with all necessary departments for facilities and IT needs for new hires
- Work with New Hires to complete all necessary paperwork for onboarding
- Assist Recruiter with scheduling in-person interviews and flight or hotel preparations if needed
Competencies and Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in recruiting, interviewing and hiring for entry-level roles
- 4+ years of experience in HR operations
- Positive attitude and a passion for creating a great experience for employees
- Strong work ethic and a knack for staying extremely organized
- Experience with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and ATS (Applicant Tracking System) software
- Not afraid of talking to multiple people on the phone each day and taking detailed notes
- Knowledge of employment guidelines and practices and a good sense of judgment without bias
- Extremely strong communication skills and writing skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Education and/or Experience: 3+ years of experience in recruiting, interviewing and hiring for entry-level roles; 4+ years of experience in HR operations; Positive attitude and a passion for creating a great experience for employees.