DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ø Management and oversight of:
o Overall Quality Management System
o Source Inspection
Ø Responsible for establishing and maintaining Product Quality Requirements for Umarex USA, Walther Arms, Walther Manufacturing and their supply base
Ø Responsible for overall inspection for incoming product
Ø Responsible for Asian inspection group
Ø Responsible for all supplier inspections
Ø Responsible for new product dimensional layouts
Ø Initiates and drives the corrective action process
Ø Assist in establishing supplier quality systems
Ø Establishes quality processes to ensure successful introduction for new products
Ø Establishes and communicates packaging and label requirements
Ø Creates and distributes all optic FDA accession documents
Ø Reviews all source inspection reports and documents
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in manufacturing and/or high volume distribution environments.
2. Five (5) or more years experience in database concepts, process control and quality management applications. Must have knowledge and experience in working with business systems (i.e. ERP, MRP & WMS) and knowledge of Quick Books or similar accounting software is a plus.
3. Sound computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, spreadsheet (Excel) operation/creation and have the ability to quickly learn new software systems as needed.
4. Previous supervisory and/or management experience is required. Ability to effectively manage, develop and operate in a team atmosphere.
5. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
6. Excellent math and analytical skills required.
7. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision.