Do you have a background in archery and/or bowhunting and want to share your passion with others? This job may be for you. Join the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife as the Archery Education Program Coordinator, responsible for leading the agency's archery events and community based archery programs.
The purpose of this position is to implement and maintain existing archery programming in Oregon. This position serves as the Oregon Coordinator and Lead Teacher Trainer for the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) and as the Agency's primary contact and facilitator to implement and develop archery programs. Primary responsibilities of this position is to educate the public on the role of hunting as a viable wildlife management tool in Oregon and promote awareness and considerations of hunting as a recreational and/or a food sourcing activity. While this position will have statewide responsibilities, the priority focus will be on developing programing in the state's major population centers (Portland, Salem, Corvallis/Albany/Lebanon, Eugene/Springfield, Roseburg, Medford and Bend/Redmond).
Preference will be given to applicants with experience:
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and judgment skills.
- Self-starter, must be able to work independently.
- Considerable knowledge in archery skills, hunter and bowhunting education, equipment, maintenance, range safety, the laws/regulations and trends in archery, and have experience teaching archery education or and/or other skills-based recreational courses.
- Basic Archery Instructor Certification through the National Archery in the Schools Program or a Level 1 Certification through the National Archery Association.
- Strong background and related experience in program coordination and delivery, and ability to deal with multiple tasks with varying deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and other data management and presentation computer based software.
Please note, this job posting closes at 11:59PM on 7/20/2018