SMC, Manufacturer of Mountaineering and Rescue equipment is looking for a qualified Production Engineer in its Ferndale Washington Plant. Position is responsible for assuring designed engineering processes, tooling, equipment, documentation, and quality procedures are effective in producing quality product in an efficient and repeatable manner.
1. Hands on technical problem solving.
2. Root cause evaluations, documentation, and disposition of product non-conformances.
3. Document and execute updates to manufacturing process.
4. Vendor interactions related to product issues.
5. Support production manager to direct and resolve production issues.
6. Evaluate process capabilities and determine target areas for improvements.
7. Design and implement process and system improvements.
8. Lead 5S and Lean principles throughout the shop
7. Development and approval of technical work instructions.
8. Support Company's ISO Quality Management System.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate has the following characteristics and experience:
Ability to work independently and manage projects and timelines
Strong problem solving and trouble shooting ability.
Strong mechanical aptitude.
Exposure to CNC’s, Drills, Mills, and Punch presses.
Possess a strong commitment to company values
Working experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Working experience with CAD software (Autocad and Solidworks preferred.)
Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral)
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
Good analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
5+ years experience in a Production Engineering position.
BS in Manufacturing, Industrial or Process Engineering is preferred