We’re looking for a Production Associate to manage the day-to-day deliverables related to factory production timelines, order placement, front-to-back quality control, warehouse shipment tracking, and systems data entry. This position will work directly with key internal functions: Product, Design, Planning, Logistics and Sales, and external vendors and freight forwarder, to execute to the corporate pipeline calendar. A successful candidate will execute on a process that ensures efficiency and delivery precision of high quality product.
- Execute the sourcing strategy to accommodate current business needs as well as long term supply chain growth.
- Help to manage relationships with factories (and agents where applicable).
- Work with internal cross-functional peers to execute to a seasonal calendar for sample and bulk production.
- Work closely with Sr. Director, Design, Materials and Product Development on initial style and material allocation and development trouble shooting.
- Drive the purchasing process including materials commitments, addressing materials and factory minimums, production capacity, and lead-times.
- Assist with seasonal cost negotiations.
- Write and execute on purchase orders (samples and bulk production).
- Coordinate the transition from the development of our materials at the mills to the purchasing and delivery of those goods to the factories.
- Manage on-time sample and bulk shipments to warehouse in coordination with freight forwarder, including data input/tracking via NetSuite.
- Manage excess materials inventory and stock fabric programs.
- Measure the performance of all factories. Work with the Sr. Director of Supply Chain to put appropriate strategies in place when vendors are not meeting performance goals.
- Execute bulk quality controls. Address any quality issues with the factory, manage charge backs if necessary, and ensure measures are taken to correct the issue.
- Work with internal and external teams to drive sustainability initiatives related to production.
- 4-5 years of experience with knit and woven garments preferred.
- Working knowledge of garment and textile manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of apparel product process from concept through to order delivery for knit and woven items.
- Working knowledge and understanding of forecasting, buy planning, and capacity planning.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems. Experience with ERP and PLM systems preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.