Helping the company expand into adjacent product categories intended for use by hunters, shooters and outdoor enthusiasts seeking performance products, The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for owning and driving the Product Lifecycle (conception, development, launch, and End of Life decisions) of products and programs for the Crimson Trace Electro-Optics category. This role is expected to deliver future product concepts, voice of the customer validation, product ID, commercialization, and timely, on budget release to market. The PM is responsible for all product management responsibilities including costing, pricing strategies, and future driven forecast (both by sales and category need). It is expected that the PM work collaboratively with all necessary functions including sales, engineering, marketing, operations and the executive team, to accomplish these goals.
- Exhibit and demonstrate strong leadership skills by taking an active role in product development and sales and marketing decision-making and efforts.
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for Crimson Trace Electro-Optics products.
- Communicate strategy to all relevant participants and stakeholders
- Establish business case and create all Product Requirement Documents specifying the performance and financial criteria for all new products for both commercial aftermarket and OEM products
- Responsible for overseeing all EO products from concept, design, sample production, packaging, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and product end of life.
- Responsible for driving which technologies are pursued and implemented into products by new product development teams.
- Be the resident expert regarding information on competition, marketplace needs, wants, and emerging technologies in the Electro-Optics space.
· Develop and manage comprehensive Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback programs, insuring external input prior to execution of concept that validates direction, feature set, pricing and acceptance.
- Manage key milestones in the product development process as needed.
- Effectively communicate and transfer customer application needs to the engineering and manufacturing teams for quick, effective, and efficient use of development time.
· Establish a communication method for training of all Crimson Trace staff and outside personnel on new product launches as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/business experience.
- 7+ years' experience in product management, and/or product development. Industry experience/knowledge is preferred.
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical background with experience with injection molded products and/or electronics assembly.
- Sourcing experience preferred.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
- Active and effective listening skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office suite, including Visio
- Knowledge and proficiency of contact management databases.
- Job requires concentrated visual and auditory attention for sustained periods of time.
- Job may require occasional exposure to dust, fumes, and the inherent dangers of a shooting range environment.
- Job may require lifting from 5 to 40 pounds.
- Job may require occasional exposure to environments with high levels of noise.