Great Trango Holdings, Inc
Title Product Line Manager
Brands Trango and eGrips
Reports to President
As the leader of the GTHI product team, the Product Line Manager (PLM) maintains a deep understanding of GTHI’s consumer identity, wants, and needs. You will bring creative and innovative thinking to drive industry leading performance products. The PLM sets and executes the product line strategies for Trango and eGrips. Reporting to the President, the PLM serves as the hub for all things product. From concept to reality, the PLM will drive the creation of new, innovative, and profitable products while managing updates to existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates the vision for product line evolution and expansion within existing markets
- Facilitates the creation of product concepts, designs, and briefs
- Conducts sales and market research to facilitate the comparison and analysis of past and present sales, and identifies competitor landscape and market direction
- Develops an understanding of GTHI brands and consumers and use this analysis to create a long-term product line strategy to increase line width, promote further market saturation, and identify voids to fill in the market
- Leads product line planning, development, creation, and manufacturing processes to bring GTHI products from concept to to market
- Creates product line planning calendar, product status tracking tools, and deadlines for product creation process
- Identifies, fosters, and manages relationships with design, materials, and manufacturing vendors
- Communicates the data-driven vision for each product line to internal and external stakeholders
- Clearly articulates product vision to external designers and partners to ensure accuracy and efficiency in design briefs and production process
- Creates and implements Quality Assurance Plans for materials and manufacturing vendors
- Uses industry analytics, sell through reporting, and cost analysis to identify product line opportunities
- Creates continual product line improvement by identifying and updating and refreshing existing products as determined by key metrics and consistent monitoring of product lifecycles
- Provides Product Manufacturers with accurate information and feedback to facilitate the development process, including prototype and sample reviews
- Supports product launches through the creation and maintenance of accurate product information and selling points for sales and marketing teams
- Has final production samples in-hand prior to the start of trade show season
- Creates initial pricing strategy that aligns with brand positioning
- Collaborates with internal and external team members to identify innovative materials, components and construction options for future projects.
- Analyzes product costing, category margins and product sell-in and sell-thru ratios.
- 5-10 years’ experience managing product lines and/or product design
- Engineering, materials, and/or sourcing experience preferred
- Strong understanding of outdoor industry and climbing markets
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with a small team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Expert at analyzing markets and identifying potential opportunities
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; including ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on cross-cultural communication
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Illustrator)
- Personal interest and involvement in climbing is preferred.