Product Line Manager
Louisville, CO (HQ)
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced and productive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people who are fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
As a Product Line Manager, your primary goal will be to have a constant pulse on the consumer; having a deep understanding of who they are and what are their wants. While working in a team environment, you will bring creative and innovative thinking to drive industry leading performance product.
With guidance from the Sr. Merchandising Manager, you will manage the current and future planning of a specified category from initial style concept through production. This is an intermediate level position responsible for ideas regarding merchandising principles that enhance the product performance and product value.
Specific styles and lines managed by the PLM range are more complex in scope. Primary workload includes, but is not limited to, aligning product and product direction to meet the needs of the consumer. This includes ownership of assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, and cross-functional leadership. Ideating seasonal product stories and initiatives, strategizing seasonal collections, keeping abreast of new material technologies and construction methods, researching pertinent competitors, managing seasonal timelines and collaborating with design and development throughout the product creation process. Emphasis is placed upon bringing consumer centric, market innovative and industry leading products in a profitable and timely manner. Responsible for the implementation of merchandising initiatives, which include collaborating with design to ensure color stories coordinating and monitoring the company's merchandising system. Researches new trends or advances in product lines to make appropriate product line decisions. Responsible for bringing successful categories to market in a timely and profitable manner. Develops assortment plan, including breadth, depth, price-point, and space allocation for a specific product category. Reviews sales to provide analysis for future plans. Acts as a liaison between design, production, operations, marketing, sales, and allocations.
Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Work is generally accomplished without direction. Solves most problems without assistance. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Requires a college degree (or equivalent) and 3-5 years’ experience.
· 3-5 years Product Merchandising experience and Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Must be able to travel domestically and internationally. Approx. 15-20% may include some weekends and holidays.
· High attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills; including ability to think and plan strategically.
· Ability to manage multiple sources of data, product seasons, and conflicting objectives (product performance vs. value/costing).
· Proactive thinking, initiative and composure in a fast paced environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication, including strength in presenting complex topics in a public forum.
· Strong cross-cultural understanding.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Illustrator).
· Personal interest and involvement in cycling, running, and fitness is preferred.
· Product Line Manager will facilitate the creation of product concepts, designs, and briefs. Owns business and assists in enhancing category growth.
· Create product and collection key initiatives, style design briefs and seasonal line plans.
· Partner with cross-functional team members to develop key concepts, key items, and assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience.
· Conduct sales and market research to facilitate the comparison and analysis of past and present sales, and to identify competitor landscape and market direction
· Write executional seasonal product/ design briefs targeting opportunity and competitive set with clear guidance to ensure product initiatives are met.
· Merchandising of a line that addresses domestic and international market position and demands.
· Support and arrange presentation details including organization of the line for sales and distributor presentations, merchandizing of the presentation room, supporting the team to create a clear and flowing line presentation.
· Daily management and maintenance of all data in Centric PLM system for specified line (i.e. adding styles, colorways and costing for each season).
· Create initial pricing strategy that aligns with brand positioning.
· Collaborate with Operations and Sales to come up with accurate forecast by style/color
· Responsible for uploading and maintaining all category information in PLM system.
· Work with other PLMs to ensure alignment of product initiatives across categories.
· Attend fit sessions to ensure fit and functionality is compatible with market competitors.
· Responsible for category margin, working with development throughout development process to accurately evaluate product features and make changes to ensure overall category margin requirements are met.
· Work with creative team/marketing on layout of workbook, workbook copy and pagination to ensure all information is accurate and tells brand story.
· Coordinate outfits for all marketing photography and sales tools.
· Brainstorm and bring advanced technology ideas to Advanced Development team to further our product interest and market position.
· Providing Product Developers with accurate information and feedback in order to facilitate the development process, including through proto and sample reviews.
· Manage seasonal samples for each line.
· Collaborate with internal and external team members to identify innovative materials, components, trims and construction options for future projects.
· Analyze product costing, category margins and product sell-in and sell-thru ratios.
· Maintain clear, timely and effective communication with all necessary parties in reviewing collection progress and resolving issues as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.