Klymit is looking for a smart, talented, and entrepreneurially minded individual to join our growting team as a Product Development Manager. At Klymit, we believe that everyone should Sleep Outside and do so comfortably; that’s why we channel our creative energy and technical ingenuity into one of the most important concerns of the outdoor lifestyle: an enjoyable sleep experience. Klymit is a Utah-based company located just north of Salt Lake City in Centerville. Klymit was recently named on the Inc. 5000 for fastest growing companies in the nation for a third year in a row along with the Utah 100 and Fast 50. We need someone with excellent project management skills with an eye for detail while also being a driven producer willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The Product Development Manager is responsible for the sleeping pad category and is involved with all aspects of the development process from concept to production. Klymit employees are adventurous; we are rugged explorers and proven makers—capable of climbing higher even when we’re inside. Creative problem solving is our ascent, and empowering people to be comfortable outside is our summit.
This position is a critical function within the product development team and reports to the VP of Development. This person is responsible for the sleeping pad category and is involved with all aspects of the development process from concept to production.
· Drive Innovation in the sleeping pad category
· Develop products from concept to production for the sleeping pad category
· Maintain current product line and implement product improvements
· Collaborate with product development team, marketing team, sales team, and executive management to achieve goals
· Develop preliminary market feasibility and business plans for new concepts
· Help develop product positioning and messaging for go to market strategy
· Initiate new concept designs & ideas
· Build prototypes both digitally and physically
o Use of Klymit’s proprietary equipment
o 3D printing
o Sewing machines
o Other shop type prototyping
· Test & evaluate prototypes and samples
· Plan & initiate product testing
· Work with material suppliers & vendors to meet development deadlines
· Develop go to market pricing strategies for new products
· User feedback & research
· Project Management
o Lead and manage multiple product development projects at various stages of the development process
o Coordinate, plan and lead product related meetings for your product line
o Manage interaction with vendors from concept to production
o Deliver samples on time
o Maintain to budget & timelines
· Travel includes some domestic tradeshows, international travel to suppliers & vendors
· Engineering, industrial design or related field
· 3+ years experience in product development
· Outdoor or consumer products experience is a major +
· Ability to thrive and successfully operate in a growing and evolving organization
· Self-motivated producer of results
· Must share and believe in Klymit’s values and mission
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely technical details both written and verbal
· Knowledge of project management and product development processes
· Experience in sourcing products, working with overseas vendors, and assessing and qualifying vendors
· Highly organized
· Skills in Adobe Suite, 3D modeling, prototyping
The majority of work occurs in an office environment onsite at the Klymit office. Occasional travel is required 1-4 weeks per year. Time spent outdoors testing products is required. Use of prototyping equipment is done in a shop type environment.
Klymit is a rapidly growing camping equipment company that specializes in manufacturing comfortable, rugged, and lightweight product to providing the best sleep comfort around. We work hard and have fun! We are looking to add another person to our team. The position is full time with paid health benefits and great paid time off policy.
Klymit is currently located in Kaysville, UT right between Salt Lake City and Ogden in a brand newly completed facility.
Other perks are flexible work schedule, paid time off & holidays, company paid health benefits, and focuses on celebrating individual and team wins.