POSITION // PRODUCT DESIGNER II –APPAREL / OUTERWEAR
This is a full-time, in-house position. Minimum of four years professional experience is required to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]
Dakine is seeking an Apparel Product Designer to design market defining apparel for our consumer. Dakine is a unique Outdoor/Action sports brand that delivers both performance and lifestyle products. This opportunity is unique in that as the product designer you will utilize your design skills to create and drive the overall design aesthetic for Dakine users. You will be responsible for creating key performance and lifestyle products that will define the brand in the consumer marketplace.
• Ideate/create design concepts from inspiration through to product commercialization
• Define Dakine design apparel standards/philosophy
• Create and present design concepts and presentation materials to both internal and external audiences
• Intimate knowledge of textiles, textile design, textile commercialization process, and appropriate selection for end use garment design application
• Work with Design and Category team members in product management, development, and merchandising to ensure design feasibility and meet price points, merchandising needs, and product creation deadlines
• Provide prototype sampling information inclusive of fabrication, trims, color, graphic execution, style detail, fit requirements, and construction details
• Provide deep understanding of current trends, color, technology, construction methodology, and industry products in order to keep abreast of the competition and create a distinct Dakine point of view
• Detailed knowledge of the apparel product creation process, key deadlines, technical construction techniques, and graphic/trim application
• Bachelor’s degree in apparel design
• 4+ years of apparel design experience in Action/Outdoor sporting goods or related industry
• Proven ability to apply and perform design skills such as drawing/sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing/scale, visual presentation layout and development
• Demonstrated ability to create market appropriate designs within a set of timelines
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe programs
• Ability to bend, lift and move product or related office items varying in weight from 1 to 50 lbs
• Some domestic and international travel may be required
• Valid US work permit