Outside Sales Representative Based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH - Territory consists of Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and Eastern Ohio
Position Summary: Responsible for developing and maintaining customer base through effective outside sales & service.
- Sell to a select territory of dealers, providing excellent customer service and exhibiting finely tuned sales skills.
- Travel to new and existing accounts on a regular basis, visiting each dealer and potential dealer every six weeks.
- Track dealer visits with daily call report and send report to Sales Operations as appropriate and requested.
- Identify new business opportunities and make contacts with prospective customers.
- Assist dealers with inventory analysis and make suggestions for improving inventory.
- Note competitor’s products and price points. Communicate competition information to internal Product Development and Executives appropriately.
- Distribute POP to dealers as necessary.
- Spend time with dealers’ sales people, training them on product and sales techniques as appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers through effective customer service.
- Help to oversee the development of and conduct sales and product presentations.
- Work with product managers in creating a product that will meet customers’ approval.
- Promote each new product line for each year.
- Maintain regular contact with inside Account Executive assigned to territory, and work together to resolve dealer issues and improve sales and service techniques.
- Attend local cycling events.
- Notify Sales Operations of over/under performance according to forecast.
- Assist with the annual marketing and sales plan development.
- Assist in product packaging development and pricing strategies as needed.
- Recommend and implement new sales strategies.
- Assist with logistics and distribution to ensure optimal delivery for customers.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in the bicycle/sporting goods industry required, to include dealership experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mastery knowledge of bicycle parts and assembly required.
- Superior customer service and sales skills required.
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas such as logistics and inside service.
- Must be able to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel on a daily basis.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Valid drivers’ license required.
- Operable and reliable personal vehicle required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior IBD sales experience beneficial.
- SAP knowledge beneficial.
- Independent dealership management experience beneficial.
- Successful cold calling experience.
- Must be able to move bicycles around store displays, must be able to demonstrate bicycle use.
- Must be able to travel via automobile to visit customers.
- Territory consists of Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and Eastern Ohio