FTI, Inc., a leader in advanced lubrication and cleaning technology for sporting goods markets, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Troy Corporation, based in Florham Park, NJ, USA. FTI, Inc. pioneered synthetic lubricants over 30 years ago with its invention of the original Tetra® Gun Grease, a fluoropolymer lubricant for firearms, engineered to withstand the elements under a diversity of climates and conditions. FTI markets a full line of Tetra® Gun care lubricants, cleaning solvents, kits and accessories for firearms maintenance. FTI also markets an expanding line of Tetra® Bike care products for bicycle cleaning and lubrication.
The Outside Sales Representative will manage assigned firearms markets within the US. The position is based out of Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ and holder of position when not traveling on business must be able to commute on a daily basis to the Corporate office.
Develops and manages sales plan for independent dealers and distributors of firearms and gun and rifle accessories within assigned territory. Travel regularly to meet with reseller customers regularly in order to sell company products. Attend and work at industry trade shows and store events. Report to the General Manager on account progress, ensuring that sales goals are met or exceeded. Evaluate market and customer intelligence in order to identify additional customer and product opportunities. Conduct ongoing information gathering regarding marketing trends and competition. Deliver timely and accurate sales reporting.
· Conducts field sales of products to existing accounts as well as makes cold calls to potential new accounts to grow business.
· Develops on an on-going basis the market intelligence required to gain competitive information for existing products in order to gain a competitive edge.
· Provides customer with “best in class” customer care in order to meet sales plan objectives.
· Prepares sales reports for review by Senior Management to track sales results, and contributing to strategic and tactical sales plans.
· Performs additional duties related to trade shows and store events upon request.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred. Minimum 3-5 years of increasing sales experience within gun industry or allied industry is required. Documented and proven history of successful and profitable sales experiences required.
Proven record of accomplishments of developing business with medium to large-scale regional / national accounts, wholesale distributor partners, and managing independent sales agents. Frequent travel for sales calls and management of key regional accounts in the firearms market. MS Office Skills and Customer Management Systems strongly preferred.