Location: Rapid City, SD
“At Strider we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding.
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
Strider is looking for someone to be the voice that inspires a love of riding through promotion of our brand and events! Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a visionary and story-telling mindset, and a solid knowledge of working with the media are all necessary. The ideal candidate will have a passion for what we do and the desire to tell the world about it.
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry-leading, Strider Balance Bikes for toddlers, children, and adults. Headquartered in Rapid City, SD this global company is rapidly expanding and seeking candidates who want to live and work in the amazing Black Hills. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
Summary: The Outreach Manager’s primary function is to actively promote and represent the Strider brand and the nonprofit, Strider Education Foundation, outside of the organization with a specific focus on audiences not endemic to the balance bike category. The person in this role must have the ability to organize and collaborate many details of projects happening throughout the company while continuously building the ROI of each campaign, event, and story. The Outreach Manager will be the main point of contact for many corporate partners, large marketing departments, and outside agencies; so confident and precise communication skills are vital. This position reports to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for leading the events and PR team while working closely with the Marketing and Education departments.
- Draft and issue news releases in accordance with AP style requirements
- Make customized pitches to media and influential content producers to increase brand awareness
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company
- Research, establish, and maintain positive relationships with other brands for cross-audience pollination
- Research, establish, and maintain positive relationships with social media users of influence to promote the Strider brand
- Provide support for Strider events to maximize the PR and promotion of the brand
- Monitor and act on relevant news directly or indirectly related to the interests of Strider
- Schedule and prioritize the PR and event team’s tasks and deadlines while supervising up to six people
- Receive and prioritize requests for event and PR needs from other departments
- Work with the product development team and marketing team to align all efforts for the best new product launch experience for our customers
- Consult, collaborate, and brainstorm with departments and staff within Strider and the Strider Education Foundation to identify new opportunities for growth in a rapidly changing and competitive environment
- A knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Be able to prioritize and complete projects under tight deadlines and work with different departments
- The ability to collaborate with several people internally and remotely on the same project
- Have 2 to 4 years of relative experience
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude is a must
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to occasionally assist after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Regular office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
- Some travel and occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $45 to $65K depending upon experience
- This position reports to the Marketing Manager
- This full time, exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks. Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day October 22nd.