CRAFT Sportswear North America
Operations Manager – CRAFT USA
To bring joy and new possibilities to athletes in everyday life. With a passion for sports and a commitment to innovation, design and performance, we offer tools for sport achievements that inspire and enable athletic progress for world champions and everyday heroes.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we eagerly take on new challenges. We value learning, hard work, persistence and results, all coupled with a positive attitude and support of a healthy active lifestyle. We help one another, and we ask for help to make improvements in ourselves, our products, and our processes so that we may delight our customers. We embrace our Swedish heritage and embody many Scandinavian attributes including a commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Job Vision & Summary:
As CRAFT embarks on a new global 5 year business plan and with amazing new partnerships in place such as the Spartan race series, we have entered an exciting period of growth with greater demands on our organization. As the operations manager you will be responsible for improving our current service levels and building best-in-class operational teams and procedures that support the sales teams and foster growth. This is a senior level position overseeing our customer service team as well as managing the inventory planning and fulfillment areas of the business.
Our fast-paced office needs an operations manager with the skills and mindset to take on a wide range of responsibilities. We’re looking for a candidate with considerable managerial experience who can recruit new talent, motivate their team and coordinate with other departments on time-sensitive projects.
Position: Operations Manager
Location: 200 Cummings Center, Beverly MA
Reports to: CEO CRAFT North America
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate is dynamic and a highly motivated self-starter. You will have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and see yourself as an explorer, willing and able to work creatively. You are capable of handling a variety of issues (problems and priorities simultaneously), while still able to foster a positive work environment through teamwork and open communication.
You are energized by working in an environment that demands fast action, quality and focus, while encouraging genuine engagement, team-work, and individual decision-making. In this new role, you will be a cultural ambassador, building on the foundation of our vision and values.
· Provide reliable, consistent and superior service to our customers and sales teams.
· Train and develop a first class customer service team that provides unparalleled service, accuracy and productivity. Delegate tasks, establish work schedules, supervise staff, monitor and evaluate performance.
· Manage the inventory planning, purchasing and import process. Provide inventory control through effective processes, counts, analysis and corrective actions with our 3PL(s).
· Prepare, review and control operational budgets. Provide updated monthly forecasts.
· Be ready, willing and able to move beyond your comfort zone and take on new and entrepreneurial initiatives to help our company grow and achieve our goals!
Mindset and orientation:
· Adoption of CRAFT’s vision is vital to success.
· Open to direction, candid feedback, and collaboration
· Can demonstrate a broad view of CRAFT’s business channels, to provide the best service possible as required by that channel or customer.
· Maintains a customer-first position while maintaining deep support for all internal staff.
· Curiosity coupled with an executional focus. A desire to dive in and uncover new service or efficiency opportunities in our existing processes and systems.
· Desire to work in a high energy, challenging, diverse and inclusive environment.
· Ability to travel, as required on an occasional basis.
· A strong overall professional presence combined with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization (internally and externally).
· Relatable educational experience or a 4 year college degree.
· Experience managing high-performing customer service teams.
· Strong understanding of inventory planning, forecasting and purchasing process.
· Experience in apparel distribution or operations is an asset.
· Experience in maintaining work levels in a fast paced environment with proven results.
· Track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
· Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization.
· Experience in warehouse distribution environments is beneficial.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP is an asset.
· Demonstrated successes in staff development and project management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
· Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint.
· Creative problem solver, who is able to dream in large scale, interpret data, and deliver meaningful results that drive productivity and efficiency.
· Possessing initiative and decision-making skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you’re smart, ready to work hard, have fun and make an impact then you’re welcome at CRAFT no matter your religion, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, age … or frankly anything else another company with less intelligence would discriminate against.
· Occasional business travel required, and an expectation to stay connected when traveling on business.
· You will be required to engage in physical activities from time to time:
· A valid driver’s license, valid passport, and criminal record check are required.
It’s often challenging to express all that you do in a resume so please use a cover letter to add any extra relevant information: Please send to: [email protected]