Online Marketing Specialist
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and works in close cooperation with AOA’s content manager and departmental sales teams. This is a highly analytical role that leans heavily towards a sales function and works closely with AOA’s sales teams.
Candidate Profile & Detailed Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role is motivated to produce high quality results, takes great pride in their work, and is proactive about improving upon the work environment and culture of the company. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical creative thinker who is resourceful, innovative, and a proactive problem solver willing to go down the rabbit hole until they find the answer to a puzzle at hand. This person must be able to work both collaboratively and independently without direct supervision and has the ability to anticipate upcoming needs and plan accordingly. The Online Marketing specialist must have a strong understanding of target audiences and be adept at recognizing trends and changes in customer behavior. This person must be comfortable working with numbers, spreadsheets, trends, and data. They must enjoy the camaraderie of an energetic and diverse team, possess a passion for cycling/outdoor adventure activities, be independently driven, and understand AOA’s mission.
Position Start Date: Flexible, no earlier than Sept 25 to no later than Nov. 15
Position Commitment: Full Time
Compensation: AOA will pay a competitive hourly wage based on the selected candidate’s experience and existing skill set relevant to the position.
We anticipate that this position will require a significant investment in time and effort by the selected candidate in order to understand AOA’s business, to establish the skills necessary in order to perform the job, or possibly both. With this in mind, the position offers the provision for pay increase(s) at 90 days and 6 months, upon reaching predetermined benchmarks.
AOA offers a comprehensive benefits package, flexible scheduling, and additional outdoor industry benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications or related field OR relevant job experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally with all types of customers, people at all levels of the organization, and external vendors and contacts.
- Proven analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel), Google documents and Dropbox
- A passion about working for AOA and a love for active travel and the natural world
- Strict attention to detail and adept at copywriting and proofreading
- Strong ability to interact positively and productively with clients & fellow staff
- Proven multi-tasking, time management and project management skills.
- Familiarity with camping, backpacking and cycling equipment.
- Open and willing to learn new skills/techniques
- General understanding of basic business principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and as a team
- 2 years experience working with PPC advertising with direct hands on management of campaigns
- Google Adwords certification
- Experience working with social media advertising
- Previous knowledge and understanding of outdoor travel and/or tourism industries preferred
- Previous knowledge and understanding of AOA’s business and customer base preferred
- Experience managing an advertising budget
- Familiarity with SEO and Keyword research
- Strong creative writing skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite software (Illustrator, InDesign), Mailchimp, Hubspot, and Flybook
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage PPC campaigns across Google, Bing, and Social media platforms in cooperation with the Director of Marketing and any marketing vendors
- Develops advertising strategy for AOA tours and services
- Facilitates, builds, and maintains search and display ad campaigns including working with the content manager to write ad copy and design creative.
- Analyzes performance of advertising campaigns to drive ROI and lower customer acquisition costs.
- Manages ad spend and makes adjustments as needed to stay on budget.
- Maintains an ongoing schedule of campaign deployment and optimization
- Evaluates new advertising sources
- Email Marketing: Develops and optimizes email marketing strategy, maintains email marketing content calendar in cooperation with sales teams. Includes email marketing responsibilities including:
- Maintains email marketing content calendar and collaborates with departments to determine upcoming email topics
- Writes and designs email content including written content, visuals, CTAs
- Keeps all email communications on-brand
- Takes a data first approach to assessing email performance and optimizing campaigns.
- Manages AOA’s contact database to segment email communications to target audiences while staying in compliance with all data protection best practices.
- Develops and optimizes lead generation and lead nurturing strategy
- Evaluating email marketing performance and optimizing automations
- Uses email marketing and automation to re-engage past customers and generate repeat bookings
- Works with director of marketing and departments to achieve sales goals
- Collaborates with SEO/Content manager to fill gaps in organic ranking
- Working with AOA sales departments to generate short term sales strategies
- Contributes to content writing and social media strategy with a focus on getting front of target audiences and re-engaging past customers
- Writing social media content and contributing to social media strategy as needed
- Website updates upon request
- Collaborating with content manager to maintain online listings and off-page SEO
- Scheduling and facilitating weekly or biweekly meetings with sales departments and outside marketing vendors
- Sourcing new and improved methods of data analysis, reporting, and contact database management
- Assisting with branded gear sourcing and inventory management
- Stay on top of latest researching, buying habits, and trends in Adventure Travel
- Continually researching new standards and strategies for SEM and SEO
- Monitoring and responding to online reviews
- Miscellaneous duties upon request
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] In your cover letter, provide a few reasons why you are interested in working for AOA and specifically why you think you are a good fit for this position on the marketing team.