JOB TITLE: Midwest U.S. Sales Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
CMC is seeking a highly motivated full time Outside Sales Representative to join our 100% employee owned company. The primary objective of this position is to grow our rope rescue, rope access, and work at height markets in the Midwest United States; this growth will result in significant market share gains across the territory. The Midwest U.S. Sales Representative will drive demand of CMC products by influencing agencies and organizations who value the highest quality life safety equipment available. This position will spend a minimum of 70% of time in the field, work remotely, and reside in either: IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, WI or MO.
- Demonstrate CMC products to; fire departments, industrial rope rescue teams, rope rescue training organizations, search and rescue teams, rope access service companies, rope access training companies, law enforcement agencies, military installations, and other organizations that utilize rope rescue equipment.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with rescue and rope access accounts and end users throughout the territory.
- Keep dealers informed and knowledgeable about all new and existing CMC products.
- Collaborate with the Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales to develop and execute sales plans to increase market share and meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Work closely with dealers and their Sales Representatives to maximize opportunities and increase focus on CMC.
- Identify geographies within the territory that are underserviced by existing sales channels and execute on activities to improve sales in those areas.
- Develop and execute on account specific strategies to maximize sales with new and existing business partners.
- Provide market feedback to sales leadership and maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and credit terms.
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, symposiums, and other events as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Deep understanding of rope rescue or rope access techniques and products.
Strong business acumen and professional demeanor.
- Good presentation skills; particularly with hands on product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate to people and earn their trust.
- Ability to work independently demonstrating creativity, responsibility and autonomy.
- Consultative selling style that fosters long-term relationships and brings value to business partners.
- Great communications skills; written and verbal.
- Solid computer skills; Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
- Self-starter and team player with an outgoing, positive, and optimistic attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and experience)
- Experience with either rope rescue or rope access techniques and products is required.
- achelor's degree preferred.
3+ years of proven work experience; demonstrating the ability to handle significant responsibilities and achieve positive results.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and a good driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally, the employee must crouch or kneel. The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 20 pounds. Successful performance requires good eyesight, with or without the aid of corrective lens. Must be able to handle several tasks simultaneously. Occasionally individual may encounter difficulty associated with handling customer complaints and resolving those complaints in a timely and professional manner. Extensive travel is required.
There are no unusual environmental conditions. Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate. Noise level, frequent phone calls, and stress levels are equivalent to working with the public and resolving customer service problems
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.