Far Bank Enterprises, holding company for the leading fly fishing brands Sage, Redington and RIO Products, is seeking a Materials and Process Engineer to expand our existing Research and Design team. As a RIO Product Engineer, the candidate is responsible for researching, developing, testing, and bringing to market new, state of the art fly fishing lines, leaders, and tippet.
Since this position works out of RIO Product’s standalone facility in Idaho Falls, with the parent company located just outside of Seattle, you will be responsible for maintaining solid connections with Far Bank headquarters located on Bainbridge Island, WA. While reporting to the Vice President of Research and Development, you will need to collaborate with other on/off site departments including the broader Research and Development team, Production, Sales, and Marketing.
The ideal candidate has proven polymer materials and process knowledge and experience. Someone who is also a fly angler and/or an outdoor enthusiast would be an added contribution to the creative process. We’re seeking a capable team player that can drive forward an array of challenging manufacturing projects. Our culture is upbeat, and we foster a work hard/play hard environment. We take our business very seriously, guarding our reputation with a diligent commitment to high standards and on-time delivery.
Founded in 1990, RIO is recognized as the world's leading producer of the highest performance fly lines, leader and tippet for the specialty fly fishing market. RIO is part of Far Bank Enterprises, an integrated manufacturer and distributor of fly fishing products which include fly fishing rods, fly reels, fly lines, leaders, tippet
s, waders and performance outdoor apparel. Far Bank's other brands include Sage and Redington. Far Bank Enterprises is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Joshua Green Corporation.
The RIO Research and Development Engineer will combine office, lab, production, and field time to research, develop, test, and implement new state of the art fly fishing materials and process.
The overarching goal is to maintain and enhance RIO’s position as authentic and the highest quality fly line within the sport.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience in polymer manufacturing, research, development and/or product design
· Strong interest and understanding of polymers, adhesives, and coatings
· Strong background in polymer production processes
· Fully proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Capable SolidWorks user preferred
· Experience using basic shop fabrication tools and equipment as well as lab test equipment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Fly fishing knowledge and skills preferred
· Salary DOE
· Competitive Benefits package with includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) and Vacation/Sick accrual
· A flexible work environment placing a premium on collaborative interaction in a fun, friendly team atmosphere.
· A work environment placing a premium on collaborative interaction in a fun, friendly team atmosphere.
· The occasional fly fishing trip to test products
How To Apply?
· Complete the on-line application and upload your resume and cover letter at our on-line job board found at www.farbank.com and click on the "Careers" link