The Position: Marketing/Social Media/Blog Writing Manager
Escape Adventures is a bicycle tour outfitter specializing in backcountry bike tours and multi-sport vacations. Established 1992. www.escapeadventures.com The position develops and manages the go-to-market activities and all supporting assets for the Escape Adventures brand. Marketing activities to include: annual marketing strategy and editorial calendar, PR, social media, advertising and media planning, blog writing, consumer events and promotions and community building.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Develop North American marketing strategy and seasonal marketing calendar in partnership with internal teams
- Manage and grow the EA brand through the systematic application of consumer marketing levers, including managing the design, development and implementations of:
- Social Media Strategy: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, brand blogs
- Advertising and Media Planning and execution: trade and consumer, including digital, social, print and other content partnerships or other media vehicles
- Develop email and other direct marketing strategies to support both retention and acquisition efforts
- Strategic Partnership: strategy, relationship and planning
- Community Building: non-profit sponsorships
- Brand Ambassador strategy
- Consumer promotions and collateral including three product catalogs per year
- Consumer event strategy, calendar and activation.
- Responsible for budget administration and financial reporting.
- Implement and administer the annual marketing plan and calendar
- Develop and expand the brand’s activities around social media, building a solid and on-going relationship and dialogue
- Direct consumer event strategy including calendar, assets, logistics, and onsite engagement tactics.
- Manage marketing campaigns from concept to launch which includes strategy development, business case development, briefing marketing/creative teams,
- Identify, research and develop recommendations for possible strategic partnerships and event sponsorship opportunities.
- Responsible for the development of all branded items including apparel, stickers and other items determined.
- College Education: BS or BA Degree from an accredited college/university in Business, Marketing or related field required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in marketing management or marketing communications managing Advertising (digital, print), Media planning, Social Media, PR, Strategic partnership and event execution
- 3-5 years’ experience in effectively prioritizing and managing work
- Strong consumer insights and ability to translate those insights into marketing plans
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated orientation: proactive, innovative, forward thinking, and output driven
- Strong project management experience; hands on experience managing day-to-day strategy, planning and execution.
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing and presentation abilities.
- A proven track record of developing integrated marketing programs across traditional and digital/mobile/social channels.
- Experience with a variety of marketing channels (i.e., Email, DM, display, SEM, social media, print, radio).
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously and navigate ambiguity.
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of outdoor travel industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of business computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Excellent leadership, management, and supervisory skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Must possess a valid passport and ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with no major violations within the last five (5) years
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to perform general office and administrative duties: copying, filing, using a telephone, etc.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to safely lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Travel as required: approximately 25% of time domestic and 10% international
- Must be able to travel domestically and/or internationally via commercial carrier
IF you believe you have what it takes, Escape Adventures is looking for YOU