Confidential Active Outdoor Industry Company based in Boulder, CO.
If you are looking to make a difference and value a casual, team-oriented atmosphere, have a down-to-earth disciplined approach, and possess a drive to innovate, this may be the right fit for you.
To lead strategic, creative, and executional marketing management for an established active outdoor brand in the midst of a reinvention.
You’re a well-rounded marketing professional and aspiring leader. Self-motivated, creative and a great communicator who is passionate about the outdoors, and driving consumer engagement. You're fluent in social media, digital marketing, retail merchandising, and event planning. You know that marketing is a mix of strategy and tactics; mindful of both brand image and the need to drive sales. You are highly organized with an attention to detail, working well unsupervised and able to keep up with the demands of daily responsibilities and long-term growth initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive marketing plan and budget to support the company’s brand image, product, and key messaging
- Lead all aspects of core marketing, outreach, events, public relations, social media, creative, retail marketing, and ecommerce
- Participate in brand leadership team consisting of sales, marketing, operations, and product development, communicating overall marketing vision and working through organizational challenges/issues
- Coordinate with sales, product development and marketing teams to ensure a synchronized voice across all distribution points
- Lead GTM planning for brand messaging and new product launches, strategize and manage PR/media activities
- Support the design and development of all collateral required for sales efforts, including catalog, technical data sheets, price lists, and give-away merchandise
- Source and implement point-of-purchase displays and other materials as required by retail partners to support retail marketing efforts
- Develop and implement digital marketing editorial calendar (social, email, web) to increase engagement and support brand's overall strategic marketing plan and sales goals
- Assist in maintaining the brand’s website, Amazon presence, and drive all ecommerce initiatives
- Track and provide metrics for all brand social media channels, website and email campaigns; provide monthly analytics and implement necessary changes for optimization
- Define product seeding and influencer strategy – monitor and leverage deliverables to support marketing plan, handle all tracking of product orders/samples tracking (as required)
- Coordinate and execute all trade show and event logistics including required personnel, product, displays, activations, shipping/transport and other physical support to ensure event success – create event recaps and assessments to improve activities and ROI at future events
- Manage outside vendors and in house design team to support marketing execution
- Accurately manage marketing budget pertaining to department responsibilities
- Prior marketing experience (3-5 years) with a consumer product brand (Experience within the Outdoor industry a plus.)
- Demonstrated understanding of/experience with:
- Social media advertising platforms
- Website editing software/Web content management systems
- Email marketing
- SEO strategies and best practices
- Strong copywriting skills; proven experience in writing effective content for web/social, ads, and/or collateral
- Experienced in managing campaigns combining Email, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and/or Twitter
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with event planning, coordination and execution
- Ability to lead and manage external vendors and internal team
- Demonstrated understanding of/experience with retail sell-through and merchandising
- Excellent organizational, budget, and project management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and use of Drop Box
- Ability to work autonomously, practice good judgment, effective decision making and time management skills
- Ability to work in, and make a positive contribution to a team environment
- Standard work day Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM in Boulder, CO
- Travel anticipated for trade shows
- Travel possible within US and to Europe, Asia
- Additional time occasionally required outside normal hours for travel, trade shows, or special projects.
Offer to be determined based upon individual’s experience and qualifications. Benefits include company bonus plan, health insurance plan and 401(k). Plus, industry gear discounts and professional development opportunities through OIA and Camber Outdoors (formerly OIWC).