Hawke Sport Optics is looking for an energetic and dynamic person to manage all aspects of U.S. marketing. A successful candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills with extensive knowledge of the hunting/shooting sports industry. She/he will be fully experienced with traditional and digital marketing, including advertising, social media, brand building, and product management. Hawke is a worldwide market leading manufacturer of sport optics, including riflescopes, crossbow scopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, range finders, and more. The U.S. Marketing Manager will work with our team at our U.S. headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing and working closely with the worldwide Marketing Manager.
2. Manage and grow the company’s social media campaign, including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, and more. Develop and execute a social media plan that maximizes growth and brand awareness.
3. Develop and manage a comprehensive traditional marketing plan including traditional print, digital, and TV advertising.
4. Oversee and manage relationships with sponsored TV shows and maximize the benefit, content, and exposure from these sponsorships.
5. Work with the company’s media/communications partner to maximize brand awareness through press coverage and editorial content.
6. Pursue and build relationships with outdoor industry writers and Youtube/internet channels to maximize exposure through product reviews and editorial content.
7. Develop and manage in-store point-of-purchase materials for dealers/customers.
8. Manage consumer promotions such as consumer rebates and programs.
9. Work with the product specialist and sales team to execute successful trade shows, consumer shows and dealer events.
10. Assist in the management of the company’s website.
11. Develop and manage consumer-direct email campaigns
12. Assist in the creation of product and brand videos for use on social media and the company’s website
13. Participate in the creation of catalogs, flyers, brochures, sales collateral, website materials (i.e. web banners), and packaging
14. Directly manage the company’s communication on industry forums.
15. Assist in the execution of dealer co-op projects.
16. Manage the U.S. marketing budget, track campaign results, and maximize the ROI of marketing expenses.
17. Manage U.S. digital campaigns through social media, online content, advertising, promotional materials, and public relations.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing
2. Strong communication skills
3. Excellent proofreading, content editing, and grammatical skills
4. Minimum 5 years in the outdoor industry
5. Strong knowledge of sport optics
6. Extensive experience with marketing management
7. Extensive experience with social media
8. Attention to detail
9. Ability to operate in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, often managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
10. Proficient in Windows Office
11. General understanding and ability to do light graphic design work is a plus
12. Some travel is required.
13. Some weekends and overtime is required.
14. Some sales and service responsibilities are required.