Develop and implement innovative marketing planning and
strategy for the Cannondale road and urban/fitness segments. Collaborate with
PMD, R&D, global marketing team, sales, external agencies and other segment
managers to execute and deliver consistent product stories for the brand
- Lead the development of all Cannondale road and
urban/fitness segments global marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics
specifically for the annual marketing planning process. Communicate the overall
strategic plan and executional elements to all global regions and balance
global strategies with local marketing conditions and needs.
- Plan and oversee the advertising and promotion activities
for the brand product lines including print, digital, social, sales collateral,
etc. Collaborate with global regions to ensure messaging works for region and
make regional tweaks, as necessary. Maintain consistent approach across all
marketing efforts and uphold brand guidelines.
- Develop launch strategies for the new products within the
road and urban/fitness portfolio that incorporates all consumer and dealer
touchpoints including, but not limited to: launch presentations, photo/video,
social media plans, ad campaigns, buzz marketing, in-store communication and
- Work directly with all the global regions (US, Europe,
Japan, China, UK, Brazil) to customize the global marketing plan, and new
product launches, to best meet their regional needs.
- Relay technical stories to retailers and consumers in an
easily identifiable format. Portray these stories in our catalog with creative
and relevance to market.
- This position requires strong collaboration
between the creative team, external agencies, and product management group,
along with other functional groups.
- Conduct well-prepared, educational, engaging presentations
for sales meetings, product launches, and other events with internal and
external customers. Support trade shows as needed.
- Write clear and compelling new product marketing briefs – product positioning, market insights, competitive analysis, consumer profiles, key features and benefits, that drive the creation of all marketing communications and creative collateral.
- Utilizing the new product brief - create, develop, and measure the success of comprehensive marketing campaigns by developing marketing plans, tactics and all marketing collateral – brochures, microsites, print and digital ads, social media plans, in-store communications, etc.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all road and urban/fitness product photography and video – including the hiring of photographers and videographers, scripting, storyboarding, shooting and editing of all product marketing videos and photography needs for each model year to provide the storytelling and photo/video assets needed for all marketing materials, dealer books, websites, etc.
- Leverage consumer insight studies and competitive analysis
to identify overall business trends, market opportunities and unique consumer
needs to help guide product development and to position the product portfolio.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns to support critical
product lines in an on-going basis, through paid advertising, social media
campaigns, and creating stories and promotions.
- Collaborate with Director of Sports Marketing to activate
the road sports marketing teams and road ambassadors (e.g. Cannondale-Drapac
Pro Cycling) to drive consumer engagement, dealer engagement and to validate
the performance advantage of Cannondale Bikes.
- Support marketing efforts when implementing the launch of new initiatives. Work closely with creative team in ensuring the “voice of Cannondale” is consistent across all customer touch points.
- Create specific and simple brand/product communication – language that clearly and consistently, in all forms of marketing, communicates the positioning, key features and benefits of the Cannondale road and urban/fitness line.
- Develop compelling and breakthrough product and brand
- Follows internal controls and company policies as set by
company and job function.
- Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting
with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing with an emphasis in business.
- Very strong execution and project management skills.
- Leadership expertise in integrated marketing and
communications, marketing, campaign strategy, program management, demand
generation marketing strategies, and customer life cycle metrics.
- The ability to understand and appropriately apply key
fundamental marketing concepts, processes and practices related to driving
customer demand and motivation.
- An excellent team player with the ability to manage up and
across to build, foster and nurture relationships across departments.
- Be a high-energy, can-do person who can operate in fast
moving environment and can re-direct projects as needed.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills and
comfortable speaking on-camera.
- Must be willing to travel globally on a regular basis.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience in the bicycle
industry and have a strong grasp of the technical elements of road bikes and
the road race scene.
- Must be adaptable to unpredictable hours and work schedule.
- Must be able to move bicycles, displays and demonstrate
- Must be able to ride bikes and be technically competent.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for
extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor
for extended periods of time.
Collaborate with Marketing Director on the management of
road and urban/fitness global marketing budgets. Build marketing plans,
identify vendors, bid jobs to appropriate agencies and vendors, manage the
tracking of the work, submit invoices and ensure timely payment upon delivery
of work product that meets defining criteria of the project.