Based in Denver, Colorado Outdoor Edge is a growing 30-year-old brand committed to producing the highest quality knives and tools. We create innovative, market leading products for the hunting, fishing, home processing, cooking, tactical, survival, and outdoor categories. Our small business consists of about 20 rock stars that strive to create a fun, fast paced, family oriented company culture.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving Outdoor Edge’s marketing strategy and implementing tactics to strengthen our brand identity while building brand awareness. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in marketing with strong digital marketing experience, brand management experience, and knowledge about current trends and tactics in marketing. The position is based at Outdoor Edge’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado and reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage all social media posts, contests, and advertising campaigns
· Implement blog post schedule, write and develop content for blog posts
· Produce company newsletter and grow consumer newsletter distribution list
· Seek out gear review and editorial coverage with new and existing media partners
· Identify events to sponsor
· Work with PR agency to create new press releases and gain editorial coverage
· Manage the company’s trade show schedule and the booking duties for 30+ shows
· Assemble a team of ambassadors/athletes to generate content
· Develop pay-per-click advertising campaigns to promote key product categories
· Monitor SEO analytics and work on improving organic search ranking
· Manage TV show sponsorships and hold partners accountable for all deliverables
· Manage relationships with advertising partners
· Write product copy and other marketing messaging to convey the brand’s identity and product’s competitive advantage
· Create advertising schedule and assist management with budget allocation
· Negotiate advertising rates with partners and analyze advertising performance
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Relationship Master – Master of communication with strong emotional intelligence which allows you to build relationships with various personality types.
· Oral & Written Communication – Speak/write clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
· Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Accepts feedback from management and strives to be better with constructive criticism.
· Business Acumen - Knowledge of the knife market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Knows how to calculate margin, mark-up and other basic financial math.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Upholds commitments; Works with integrity.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· 3+ years of marketing experience with a major consumer products brand
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in marketing preferred
· Ability to communicate persuasively over the phone, in writing, and in person
· Ability to travel up to 25+ days per year and occasionally travel over the weekends
· Ability to travel internationally
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Proficient in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Analytics
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and video editing skills are a plus
· Experience using MailChimp email platform
· Able to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
· Applicants must complete a drug test and background check prior to being hired
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Compensation will depend on experience
· Benefits available after 90 days include: 401K with guaranteed contribution, paid holidays, health and dental insurance, life insurance plan, long-term disability benefits
· Benefits available after 1 year include 3 paid personal/sick days and 10 paid vacation days. 15 paid vacation days are accrued after 3 years of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Include “Marketing Manager” in the email’s subject line.