Sea to Summit is a growing outdoor gear company
based in Boulder, CO. We supply innovative, award winning backpacking, camping,
paddling and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a
commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work
Sea to Summit has an excellent opportunity
available for an experienced Marketing Generalist to join our team. This position is involved in the coordination, planning and
implementation of a variety marketing activities and campaigns in support of
the company’s strategic goals and marketing objectives. Our Marketing
Generalist must have a strong background in graphic design including experience
working with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Under the supervision
of the Marketing Manager, the person in this role is responsible for helping to
develop and execute the marketing and advertising campaigns and strategies. The
Marketing Generalist will balance the need for daily creativity with the
professional discipline to manage the administrative aspects of the job. This
person must be highly organized, a great communicator and will be juggling multiple
projects and deadlines at a time.
- Create compelling marketing content for advertising, collateral and promotional materials
- Create and manage our email marketing through Mail Chimp; spearhead the design and content of responsive emails ensuring that best practices are adhered to
- Provide marketing assistance for tradeshows and events attended by company
- Collaborate with the sales department regarding sales initiatives and ensure all marketing needs are being met and completed on time
- Perform marketing research projects as needed by the business, including analysis of data
- Provide project management for overall general marketing activities
- Participate in regular marketing content planning sessions
- Perform support duties including but not limited to: social media, review marketing analytics and report relevant metrics, trends, and successes and provide feedback on improving or adjusting strategies
- Gather bids and proposals from vendors for production of various print or digital marketing materials when needed.
- Support the marketing and sales teams with ad hoc requests and projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing,
Communications or similar fields with at least two (2) years' relevant
- Highly proficient in all
applications in the Adobe Creative Suite to produce digital and print materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- An effective communicator who is resourceful,
innovative and proactive problem solver who is able to work collaboratively and
- Experience creating email marketing
campaigns is essential; background using Mail Chimp or other email marketing platforms,
HTML/CSS and automation tools is a plus
- Must have outstanding organizational
skills and keen attention to detail in order to simultaneously manage multiple projects
and hit deadlines.
- Possesses excellent written skills
with the ability to consistently convey the brand ‘voice’ creatively and
authentically in all communications.
- Strong proofreading and copy-editing
skills are a must.
- Ability to travel to tradeshows and
events when necessary
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword
research best practices
- Digital channel level knowledge
(Social Media Marketing and SEM) a plus
- Experience with photography, videography
or video editing is a plus
- Experience in the outdoor industry
and a passionate user of outdoor gear is highly desirable.
you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, pay requirements
and cover letter that includes what your favorite Sea to Summit product is and