SmartEtailing, founded in 1999, provides comprehensive website and marketing solutions for North American specialty bicycle retailers. SmartEtailing offers a small office work environment located in Boulder, CO with a creative and casual atmosphere, compelling work and accountable peers. All clients are in the bicycle industry, so work days are fun and interesting.
The Marketing Agency Manager is responsible for developing and leading our internal marketing agency to provide marketing services for retailers in the form of (1) individually customized retailer marketing plans and deliverables and (2) system-wide marketing through informing software features and marketing content. The ideal candidate is strategically creative, knows specialty retail, understands business fundamentals, and can offer dynamic leadership to a marketing team.
This position leads the Marketing Agency Department, reports to the General Manager, is a member of the company Steering Committee, has up to 6 direct reports, and leads a department of 20+ members.
- Oversee custom marketing for 30 top retail clients and basic marketing processes for 400+ independent bicycle dealers
- Work with team to build seasonal marketing calendars for three tiers of clients; subscription, marketing services, and custom marketing
- Direct planning and creation of 50+ promotional campaigns annually
- Provide leadership and vision to create and ensure the department achieves objectives
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make plans for performance improvement
- Utilize entrepreneurial mindset to manage internal Marketing Agency as strategic business unit (SBU) to achieve revenue and expense forecasts
- Formulate retailer marketing package subscriptions and corresponding level of service commitments
- Establish and monitor procedures for delivering scalable marketing services that meet quality expectations
- Define and coach customer relationship standards
- Meet with top 30 retailers annually to align with their businesses
- Collect retailer feedback on marketing services to refine services
- Coach team leaders in monthly 1:1 meetings
- Build and annually update marketing best-practices for bike shops white paper
- Marketing stakeholder for relevant software development process
- Attend trade shows as needed
This is not a comprehensive list of possible responsibilities, tasks and duties. There are a variety of other duties that will need to be completed on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- 6+ years of professional experience as a B2C marketing professional
- Led a team of 10+ and managed department budget
- Key areas of understanding include; retail, ecommerce, SEO/SEM, email marketing, website best practices, customer loyalty marketing, product lifecycle marketing, reporting, and business analytics
- Experience and knowledge of specialty retail preferred
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Organized and proficient at managing overlapping projects in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and change oriented
- Understands, interprets and implements feedback effectively
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude for work
- Fun and friendly with can-do attitude
- Limited domestic travel may be required
- Valid state driver's license is required