BioLite is seeking a well-rounded engineer to join the manufacturing team in bringing products through the manufacturing process. In this role, you’ll work with the product development team and various manufacturing vendors to innovate creative ways to make new energy products and keep all facets of the manufacture on schedule while maintaining great quality.
TITLE: Manufacture Engineer II
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
REPORTS TO: Head of Manufacturing, Operations and Supply Chain
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other early-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and equity stock options.
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off0grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, 1) developing world families living in energy poverty, and 2) outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel0independent cooking and electricity.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving company with both a technical and creative environment in the heart of Brooklyn. If you are looking to work with a growing product development team with a passion for the outdoors and a a powerful social mission, we're your company. As an engineer at BioLite you'll solve challenging and interesting problems, work with an exceptional team, take ideas from concept through to large-scale productions, and make a real, positive impact on things that matter.
● Apply knowledge of current manufacturing methods involving metal, plastic, and electronics
● Provide design for manufacturing feedback throughout the product development process
● Oversee the technical and scheduling communications with vendors for manufacturing
● Setup quality control protocol in-line and continued QC improvements for products
● Bill of Materials and costing management
● Sourcing, negotiating pricing, and tracking inventories
● Generate timelines/schedules and keep projects on track
● Jointly develop assembly protocol and production line work instructions with the vendor
● Travel anticipated approximately 20-30% of the time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
● A degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is required for this position
● 5+ years’ experience in a relevant field working directly with manufacturing facilities
● Intermediate level Solidworks, ProE, or AutoDesk
● Electronics knowledge and experience in electronics manufacture
● Accountability, sense of humor, proactive nature and work ethic
● Extremely detail oriented and organized
● Capable in experimentation, testing, analysis, and research
● A good working knowledge of plastic materials, injection molding, sheet metal, and die-casting
● Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate ideas clearly through sketches/email.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio:
Company is not accepting candidates via recruiters.