Business: Mako Reels
Location: Burlington, Washington State
Title: Managing Director, Business Leader
The Company’s products are considered the best fly fishing reels in the world - known for their legendary carbon fibre drag systems, engineering design and long lasting durability. The Company has great products with a cult following. The business is poised for growth and owners are looking to invest heavily into the brand to drive growth, demand and profitability.
We are looking for a motivated manager to run the day to day operations. This will entail a full range of responsibilities including management of machine shop processes, oversight of manual assembly of reels, customer interface/relations, shipment of reels, and marketing of the products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day running of a small business engaged in the manufacture of high end fly fishing reels
- Learn process and oversight of the manual assembly of fly fishing reels
- Establish and manage relationships with key suppliers and providers of services
- Fulfil customer orders and deal with customer questions or complaints
- Maintain and ensure high level of product quality
- Maintain accounts and manage profitability
- Attend trade shows as representative of the Company
- Execute a new marketing strategy repositioning the Company (with help of marketing company)
- Oversee the social media and internet strategy of businesses
- Minimum Bachelor degree
- Understanding of machine shop processes
- Ability to read blueprints for reels
- Familiarity of small part inspection procedures
- Familiarity with metal finishing processes
- Basic knowledge of accounting programmes (Quickbooks)
- Experienced in business development and partnership management.
- Excellent communication and coordination
- High attention to detailed and product quality