Velofix is a mobile bike shop. Featured on Dragon's Den, Velofix struck a deal with one of the Dragons to expand throughout Canada and into the U.S. markets. We have a new franchise opening in Oregon and are looking for a Lead Bike Mechanic to run our Velofix van in the West Portland and Hillsboro areas.
Are you passionate about cycling, have a proven track record working on a variety of bicycles, and enjoy working directly with your clients? Consider the information below to see if Velofix is right for you. The position is full-time, year-round as required by the appointments booked by our customers. At peak times, a second mechanic may be added to provide assistance to meet customer demands. Compensation will be based on experience with competitive pay and performance bonuses. As business grows, there may be room for advancement and investment for the right candidate as additional vans are added to the franchise territory.
The ideal candidate is certified by the Barnett Bicycle Institute, or has equivalent training and professional experience. A clean driving record and being comfortable driving in both an urban and rural setting is a must.
• Barnett Bicycle Institute certified or equivalent work experience
• Technical thinker and problem solver
• Clean driving record
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Constantly looking for new technology and learning new techniques
• Independent worker, able to manage time to meet scheduled appointments
• Enthusiastic and able to work under close scrutiny of the client
• Knowledgeable around issues and events in the bicycling community
This is an exciting new business with many opportunities and possibilities. Please forward your resume to [email protected] Thank you to all candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.