Who we are:
Hammerquist Studios is a Seattle based active-outdoor lifestyle-focused creative and
development agency that’s a wholly owned group within Cole & Weber. Centered
between the Cascades and Puget Sound in Seattle’s thriving South Lake Union district,
the Hammerquist Studios team pours their heart and soul into the brands they represent.
Founded by longtime industry veteran Fred Hammerquist, the studio is a branding,
creative and digital agency defined by personal passions for the outdoor space, fueled
by the resources of C&W and grounded by lasting working relationships with premium
brands. Our current client list includes brands such as Hydro Flask, SCARPA, Osprey,
Sage, Fisheries Supply, Polartec, HydraPak, Kirkwood, Summit at Snoqualmie and
Heavenly Mountain Resort.
Who you are:
• A highly organized relationship builder, project manager, problem solver,
collaborator, and people motivator.
• You are excited about leading a tight-knit team and interacting daily with
clients, prospects, project managers, creatives, media and the development
• You are the calm in a storm and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• You have an uncommon mix of left-brain and right-brain thinking, an equal
passion for building client relationships and bringing efficiency to internal systems
and traffic management.
• A problem solver who takes action, rather than seeks direction.
• You are passionate about the outdoors and would be inspired and motivated by
working for brands in the outdoor industry. You can speak the language of our
cultures fluently and without explanation or translation.
• A successful manager of people and projects with the ability to follow and even
write the fine print. In other words, you see the big picture and yet have a strong
grasp of the details.
• You have a solid understanding of project management principles for managing
multi-phased projects and are willing to lead internal process refinement and
empathetic team mentorship to constantly improve our effectiveness.
• You have a demonstrated capability of balancing priorities, time, cost, risk and
quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes a highperformance
team inside and positive relationships outside the organization.
• You have a strong knowledge of the digital realm. While being highly technical is
not required, you’re able to easily counsel clients and translate their asks into
digital strategy and web development plans, working in tandem with our digital
strategist, creative director and development manager.
• You are both diplomatic and engaging with clients, creating a trusted dynamic
to solve problems, strengthen relationships and foster satisfied long-term client
• You can quickly identify and succinctly summarize a problem or hurdle—provide
trusted counsel, think through possible solutions, navigate around roadblocks
and find ways to get a great result. You will be a solutions resource for the other
project managers on the team.
• You can maintain a long-term view, balancing the team’s current work with
ensuring resources for future work. You’ll harness the right people with the right
resources to effectively deliver on the client and agency needs.
• You are intellectually curious and excited to learn about new opportunities and
put together proposals (along with agency partners) for the best solutions.
This person is responsible for the ownership of:
• Project management processes, best practices, tools and training for the rest of
team as needed.
• Best practice project documentation templates: project plan, briefs, status
reports, change requests, etc.
• Resourcing the shop’s work to balance utilization, efficiency, profitability and
• The team of project managers as direct reports, providing support and
mentorship to enable PM’s to do their best work.
• Our new business development program with support from other team members.
Oversee and lead business discovery calls, estimating and client pitches as well
as proactively identifying “need-driven” opportunities for additional work through
a trusted client partnerships.
• All client relationships by joining kick-off calls and milestone check-ins on larger
projects, and by having a high-level awareness of progress and pain points of
current and upcoming projects in the shop and escalating items as needed to
• Specific projects as a working manager, both to provide a source of project
management when the agency workload needs it, as well as, where
appropriate, to own specific clients in their entirety.
• 20% Internal support and department Management, 30% new business
development, 50% client and project management
Qualifications & Experience:
• At least 6 years within a digital or creative agency or a brand’s internal
department working on high profile and complex projects
• At least 4 years of working in the digital space on multiple types of projects
• Previous experience with brand, company or agency in the outdoor, active
sports, bike or snowsports industries
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and story-telling skills
• Fusion of left-brain detail tracking and right-brain creative problem-solving
• Openness to change, evolution and new ideas. Curiosity and ability to see things
from new perspectives
• Solid knowledge of project management principles, methods & techniques
• Solid knowledge of the various facets of digital campaigns including strategies,
design, implementation, and user adoption
• General familiarity with technical environments and e-commerce web builds is
required (ex: AWS, Magento and other ecommerce platforms, CMS platforms,
• Experience working with various project management software tools (ex:
JIRA/Atlassian, Basecamp, Smartsheets, etc)
• Understanding of the agency process
• Strong computer proficiency
• BS or BA degree preferred
• PMP Certification a plus
• Active participant in outdoor sports; including skiing/snowboarding, climbing,
fishing, backpacking, biking, you name it!
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
• “As needed” wellness & vacation package
• 401k contribution
• Quarterly agency “Get Outside” days (ski day, hiking, etc)
• Free beverages (including beer & wine) in the lunchroom
• Outdoor Industry discounts (cause who doesn’t love free gear?)