Allied is the largest supplier of down to the outdoor and apparel industry working with many of the largest and most innovative brands. ALLIED has been a leader in down technology, responsible sourcing and sustainability.
Allied Feather & Down is seeking a full time Lab / R&D assistant to work closely with the Director of Innovation and Production teams.
ALLIED is constantly striving to create new, sustainably minded and performance driven insulation innovations and treatments. The position will work closely with the Director of Innovation and oversee the following:
- assist in establishing protocols and procedures for sampling and production
- operates lab and small production equipment
- manage and analyze all test results and convey information to necessary teams
- communicate with material and chemical suppliers to manage shipping, receipt and quality
- work with overseas office and facility to ensure all protocols are being followed
- assist in ideation and conceptualization of potential new innovations
The candidate for this position should have a thorough understanding of science and math, and be a self motivated independent thinker. This person will manage the department in the absence of the Director of Innovation at his charge. They will also need to be able to work with a multitude of different departments on many different tasks simultaneously.
A four year degree with a science, math or chemistry background is preferred but not necessary.
A history of project management and demonstration of creative thinking is a plus.
- basic understanding of chemical management
- ability to work independently and complete projects in a timely manner
- ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist
- ability to communicate effectively to efficiently
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
ALLIED is a large scale manufacturing facility. Work will be performed both in office setting as well as in laboratory and testing facilities inside plant.