The Inside Sales Representative position will be responsible for the sales growth within a given territory. You will work closely with sales leadership and external sales reps to drive sales and reach or exceed monthly and annual sales goals. This role requires effective communication and an ability to develop sales tactics, create long-lasting relationships, and work at a high level while managing and delivering on multiple projects, requests and needs in a very fast-paced environment.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Meet sales and booking targets while sustainably growing sales in given territory
- Identify sales opportunities, communicates these opportunities, and pursues in accordance with the set seasonal priority
- Manage Santa Cruz Bicycles retailer accounts within a given territory; order entry, confirmation, auditing, and the in-depth understanding of the territory order book
- Manage and control the communication to and from territory retailers, reps, and end consumers through phone and email
- Maintain a high level of customer service to reps, retailers and end consumers
- Provide guidance and insight on territory sales trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Visit sales territory to identify opportunities, solidify relationships
- Work closely with the USA Sales Manager and Sales Project Supervisor to analyze territory sales and allocation reports
- Manage territory calendar in relation to, but not limited to Demo team, dealer visits, key sales dates and milestones
- Work closely with territory rep and manager to vet, define, broadcast and implement territory Key Account list and tactics
- Work closely with the Accounting team to balance credit and clear holds to ensure shipments are flowing as needed
- Update Santa Cruz Bicycles website dealer information for given region
- Act professionally at all times, you will be representing Santa Cruz Bicycles
Competencies and Requirements:
- 2+ years of wholesale sales experience, preferred in the bicycle or outdoor industry
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely with end consumers and dealers
- Experience with ERP software, Gmail, Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Extensive knowledge of bicycles and all associated parts
- High level of urgency and ability to start and complete projects within the stated parameters
- Ability to collaborate and work professionally with co-workers
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior ability to self-manage time and schedule
- Proven success in managing and prioritizing multiple client accounts
- Ability to develop professional and long-lasting relationships with clients
- Driven to identify meaningful solutions which fulfill the needs for SCB, sales territory, sales reps, retailers, and end consumer
- Must have a current Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Comfortable with travel
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Education and/or Experience: 2+ years of wholesale sales experience, excellent presentation skills.
Why work here: Santa Cruz Bicycles offers a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Our goals are to create the best mountain bikes on the planet and have a good time doing it. Benefits include helping to make your new bike a reality, health, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching, and major discounts on bike gear.