Far Bank Enterprises, holding company for the leading fly fishing brands Sage, Redington, RIO Products and Fly Water Travel, is seeking an Industrial designer to expand our existing Research and Development product team. As an Industrial Designer, the candidate is responsible for researching, developing, designing, testing, and bringing to market state of the art fly fishing equipment.
Based on Bainbridge Island, this position reports to the Vice President of Research and Development and will collaborate with R&D, Production, Sales, Marketing, suppliers and key industry personnel to assure successful product introductions.
The ideal candidate has proven product design and development knowledge and experience. We are looking for a knowledgeable and capable fly angler and outdoor enthusiast who can use their skills to further enhance our product and category offerings. We are seeking a capable team player that can drive forward an array of challenging leading-edge products. Our culture is upbeat, and we foster a work hard/play hard environment. We take our business very seriously, guarding our reputation with a diligent commitment to high standards and on-time delivery.
About Far Bank Enterprises
Far Bank is an integrated manufacturer and distributor of fly fishing products, including fly fishing rods, reels, waders, lines, leaders, tippet, and performance outdoor apparel. Far Bank subsidiaries operate under the brand names Sage, Redington,RIO Products and most recently Fly Water Travel. Our core purpose is to create a full-service, all-inclusive experience for anglers and outdoor enthusiasts who are passionate about fly fishing.
The Industrial Designer will combine office, lab, production, and field time to research, design, develop, test, and bring to market new state of the art fly fishing equipment.
The overarching product development goal is to maintain and enhance Far Bank’s position as authentic and the highest quality fly equipment within the sport.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience in product design
· Strong interest and understanding of fly fishing tackle and fisheries
· Fully proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Capable Illustrator and SolidWorks user preferred
· Experience using basic shop fabrication tools and equipment as well as lab test equipment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Fly fishing knowledge and skills
· Salary DOE
· Competitive Benefits package with includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) and Vacation/Sick accrual
· A flexible work environment placing a premium on collaborative interaction in a fun, friendly team atmosphere.
· A work environment placing a premium on collaborative interaction in a fun, friendly team atmosphere.
· The occasional fly fishing trip to test products
How To Apply?
· Complete the on-line application and upload your resume and cover letter at our on-line job board found at www.farbank.com and click on the “Careers” link