One of QBP's award-winning brands, Salsa Cycles operates on the idea that a sense of adventure makes life better. We see the bike as a path to new places, people, and experiences. We lean on our rich and storied past to propel us forward with new, defining products. Our customers don’t know the meaning of complacency and neither do we. When it comes to gravel, bikepacking, bike touring, fat biking, and mountain biking, we’re comfortable at the front of the pack — leading the industry forward and pushing past any limiting belief of what’s possible.
As an Industrial Designer for QBP and the Salsa Cycles brand, you will have a key role in utilizing human centered design processes to create appealing, innovative, and technologically advanced products. Expect to work on a variety of projects including bicycle frames, accessories, and components. The ideal candidate will merge the ability to listen and observe consumers experiences with their own to create unique and innovative products.?They will be driven, passionate, self-motivated, and collaborative at their core. They will have a strong aesthetic sensibility and be able to merge strong visual direction with the functional direction of the product.
What you will do:
- Work seamlessly on cross-functional teams to design and develop innovative and aesthetically engaging products including bicycle frames, accessories, and components that are consistent with direction of the brand.
- Identify, visualize, document, and present compelling:
- User research and insights
- Product concepts and designs
- Maintain a strong sense of trends and stay abreast of brand competition within cycling, the outdoor industry, and the market as a whole
- Direct involvement with all aspects of the product development process, from concept to production
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree focused in Industrial Design with 4+ years of experience in industrial and/or product design
- Ability to utilize appropriate visual tools for the application, whether that is 2D, Sketching, interactive media, 3D, or physical prototyping
- Aesthetic Sensibility and the ability to define and articulate strong, appropriate product form.
- Exceptional 3D surface modeling skills, preferably in Solidworks.
- Experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and digital sketching software
- General understanding of manufacturing practices in welding, casting, machining, and molding
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with international development partners
- Self-motivated and detail orientated person
- Ability and desire to learn bicycle mechanics and assembly
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Domestic and international travel 4-6 weeks per year, valid driver’s license and passport required
- Ability to use computer extensively
- Ability to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
This employee will report directly to the Industrial Design Manager. This individual will work collaboratively with product managers, creative, engineering, marketing, and project managers for the Salsa Cycles brand, as well as other brands as assigned.
Candidates interested in this position must provide a resume, portfolio examples, AND a cover letter that details their interest, intent, and applicable experience for this role. Boiler plate introductions are highly discouraged. Application materials can be attached through the application process in PDF, Portfolios can be submitted in PDF or Weblink.
Failure to submit all required documents will result in dismissal.
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check and driving check as well.