Griffin & Howe Gunsmith Shop Coordinator
Griffin and Howe’s growing Gunsmith shop is seeking a Shop Coordinator. Join one of America’s oldest Gunsmithing firms as a key part of the day to day operations. Oversee a team of full time gunsmiths, while helping grow our repair business and custom rifle shop.
- Shop management, oversight of gunsmith staff
- Prioritization of daily operations, management of work flow
- Champion all customer interaction; serve as a liaison between the gunsmiths and public
- Answer gunsmith inquiries from customers via phone and email
- Maintain bound books
- Inbound all work, create work orders
- Assess jobs with input from gunsmiths to create quotes for customers
- Organize the flow of all repairs
- Manage all custom rifle builds
- Billing of customer jobs, maintain accounting through use of Counter Point Accounting software
- Parts ordering, shop inventory management
- Manage relationships with outside contractors
This job requires excellent communication and organizational skills as well as a strong proficiency with computers. Most of the daily tasks will be performed at a computer station. Excel, Word, Google Docs, Point of Sale Software, and Email are used daily. The position requires you to be on your feet, actively supporting shop operations as 50% or more of your day will be spent on the shop floor. As an outward representative of the company, an in-depth knowledge of the shooting sports is extremely beneficial. At a minimum, you must be willing to learn about the shooting sports and firearms in general. You must also be comfortable on the phone, speaking with customers and advising them as an expert source on a variety of gunsmith topics.
For inquiries, please forward your resume to [email protected]